70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
The sprag is a bastard to get the inner race in by the way, I kept knocking rollers out but then figured it out.
It is easier for me to put the inner race in first, then place the rollers, then pinch the springs with your fingers and slide them down into place. No fighting the whole mess at one time.

Keep up the good work. I am enjoying the build and looking forward to the track results.

It is easier for me to put the inner race in first, then place the rollers, then pinch the springs with your fingers and slide them down into place. No fighting the whole mess at one time.

Keep up the good work. I am enjoying the build and looking forward to the track results.
Thanks, i will try that next time for sure.

Last edited:
Get yourself one of those transmission stands that slide into your engine stand. Then you can hold your transmission in any angle you desire. Good for rebuilding some rearend pumpkins too. I got mine from Summit

Mine is something like this but if you would google it you would get a lot of ideas. I’m sure a guy as handy as you could make one.

IMG_2877.jpeg

Get yourself one of those transmission stands that slide into your engine stand. Then you can hold your transmission in any angle you desire. Good for rebuilding some rearend pumpkins too. I got mine from Summit
That's a good idea. Eventually I'll build a nice 8 foot long stainless top bench and that mount would be handy.

-
Back