NHL 23-24

-
Edmonton seems to have finally realized that team defense is not a bad thing. They have really been strong the last couple of games and it looks like every player has bought into the idea of shutting down the Stars. I will even give Skinner praise for a good solid game. Dallas didn't have many shots, I think 6 midway through the second period and finally got on the board with just under 6 minutes left in the third, but he was in the groove, even without seeing much action. That can be really tough for a goaltender.
Gonna be a hell of a game tomorrow night in Edmonton.

Congrats Cats! Shesterkin deserved better results for sure. Big boys for Rangers didn't show up.
Cats are a super disciplined structured team.
Should be a great final!

No need to follow anymore no team I like still in it..GO CELTICS..and the YANKEES are kicking *** :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Too little, too late for NYR.

Agree the NY big money players were either silenced or just plain quiet.

Play callers said FLA "...was built to win 2-1 games..." which I'd not heard before.

...but the Cats are all over whoever has the puck no matter the zone and without leaving too many passing or shooting lanes.

That's a winning strategy.

Unsung hero of the series- Evan Rodriguez.

He was involved in all sorts of stuff including "outside of the box" plays which were almost always necessary to beat NYR goaltender.

Yeah, I'm done with hockey for the season. I've always said this but the season is too long. No matter how far my team goes into the playoffs I have never liked watching games when it's basically summer.

Regardless, it's pretty hard to win when you don't put the biscuit in the basket. Can't figure out what happened to our top line and how all three of them just went completely cold going back to the 2nd round. I was also surprised at how many breakout passes we missed, just seemed like every rush up the ice the puck bounced off someone's stick or skate and the Panthers ended up with it. We're normally a very good, crisp passing team but this series we were not moving the puck very well at all.

I don't think the Panthers are all that great talent-wise but they buy into to their system 100% and it seems to work for them as a whole. I believe their conditioning has to be the difference maker. Watch them on the PK or when they're on D, they don't give any room to make plays. It's hard to keep that up all game but if you can do it effectively enough it wears the opponent down.

Final is set and it’s the longest distance Cup finals ever!

I believe it was Tkachuk that said after game 5 that their system was "...difficult to play, but even more difficult to play against".

Gaolies are getting too good to have many straight on shots go in.

Almost gotta have ability to:

fake shot
fake pass
backhand
double screen
1 inch below high stick bat
wraparound
poke under
lift puck over leg with stick

...or even more creative.

-
Back