Trick flow harmonic balancer

-

4eighteener

Reaction score
I know it has been discussed before about trick flow's harmonic balancer being bigger and heavier than most, but I wanted to post an image of how close it actually is to the timing marks on the timing cover, .024". With crankshaft end player, that brings it down to. 019"

20240504_130926.jpg

I shim my ATI dampers on my big blocks. No big deal.
Good to know!
I am just going to send it, unless I have pulley alignment issues.
I bought that damper on sale, but not sure if I would purchase it again
I have been happy with the summit branded SFI dampers in the past

could you clearance that timing chain cover a little to give you a little more insurance?

could you clearance that timing chain cover a little to give you a little more insurance?
That was my thought as I was tightening the balancer up as it got closer, but I think it should be good as is. I have rotated it and the balancer is pretty true and does not get any closer

Thanks for that link, I was holding off asking until I determined if it would be needed.

My build which typically go zen like has been going off the rails a bit today mostly due to a not so smart 340 block marketplace purchase by me with issues and trying a new machine shop which left me with .0015 piston to wall clearance (tight hypereutectic), .0015 main bearing clearance, and a severe deck cut to deal with.
According to KB, .0015 is at the low end of acceptable, so I will run it that way. The main bearings I can get the .001 undersized which should get me the .0025 I wanted, and the decks will just take a fat expensive cometic head gasket to cure. Just money and time.

-
Back