'69 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Got most of the filler on and blocked then the first coat of primer down. Passenger side turned out a little better in my eyes but nothing more blocking won't fix.

gts22.jpg

gts25.jpg

gts24.jpg

Got all the final body work (upper corners of cowl were bashed in for the hood pins) and last coat of primer laid on it today.

gts28.jpg

gts30.jpg

gts29.jpg

Thanks! Wasn't sure how patching the inners would turn out versus a new pair lol.

Thanks! Now to eventually make the rest look as nice :lol:
Yeah I always narrow my focus on specific area specific task at hand. Near term achievable goals. Then one goal at a time one after the other. Then one day its like hey car is finally ready for paint.

Yeah I always narrow my focus on specific area specific task at hand. Near term achievable goals. Then one goal at a time one after the other. Then one day its like hey car is finally ready for paint.
I'm the same way but I wanted to just start with the bay so I can get the drivetrain and whatnot back in. Then once it's running/driving I can worry about the outside of it.

So that is the color it came originally? Great color love's me some Blue...or are you going non-original?

Never-mind I went back to the first page and found what color it was...very very glad you are not painting it that!!!!

Last edited:
So that is the color it came originally? Great color love's me some Blue...or are you going non-original?

Never-mind I went back to the first page and found what color it was...very very glad you are not painting it that!!!!
It's a non Mopar shade (shame on me, I know). Car originally would've been F8 green lol.
I went back and looked at how eng comp used to look. Wow what a transformation!
Thanks! It was a tad rough.

Nice!!

And here I thought I owned the record for oldest build thread on a not yet complete car :rofl: :rofl:

First time in 30+ years it hasn't had a lift off hood, also had to see the color in the sunlight.

gts41.jpg

gts40.jpg

colorsunlight.jpg

-
Back