69 Swinger, Column shift to floor shift

-

Mo'powr340

Reaction score
I want to change from a column shift to a floor shifter. I’m assuming I’d just have to change the two upper housings of the steering column, not the entire steering column. Does anyone know if it must be from a Dart, if so what years would be interchangeable. Thanks

'67-9 A-bodies would have the same conversion parts. Yes, just the upper two housings (shifter and shift indicator) would need to be changed if you're just concerned about the interior look. The shift tube would need to be changed if you don't want to see the linkage connection in the engine compartment. That part may be '68-9 only. Naturally, you will need all sorts of parts for the floor shifter.

'67-9 A-bodies would have the same conversion parts. Yes, just the upper two housings (shifter and shift indicator) would need to be changed if you're just concerned about the interior look. The shift tube would need to be changed if you don't want to see the linkage connection in the engine compartment. That part may be '68-9 only. Naturally, you will need all sorts of parts for the floor shifter.
Thanks Mark!

-
Back