Electric guitar...

-
Very nice. I started playing as a junior in HS, played around for a few years really for my own amusement. I got decent enough where I can pick up songs pretty quickly, but I've always been clumsy on the strings regardless of how much I play. I had an old epi SG for a few years until moving into an apartment made me stop playing it just because I lost interest and sold all my electric stuff. Kept my steel and nylon string accoustics since they were both family gifts. My daughter likes listening to me play on occasion so I'm planning on picking up a Harley Benton 7 string for Christmas or my birthday this year. I've been listening to more 7 string stuff and kind of want to play it. Now that I have a proper computer I can plug into that and play through headphones instead of playing a loud *** accoustic.

Look at pictures with dots on strings.

Put fingers where dots are.

Curse if necessary, depending on chord complexity and muscle tone.

Repeat.

Try to change chord, move, slide, etc.

Repeat cursing if necessary.

Shake cramp out of hand if necessary.

Look at pictures with dots on strings.

Put fingers where dots are.

Curse if necessary, depending on chord complexity and muscle tone.

Repeat.

Try to change chord, move, slide, etc.

Repeat cursing if necessary.

Shake cramp out of hand if necessary.
Im having a bear of a time keeping my manly sized fingers off of the surrounding strings

Hows this for crazy?
Remember i finally broke down and bought and me an actual lefthanded guitar and started to learn

Printed off a chord sheet, studied it and just didnt make sense to me

I even drew a line on the sheet to see which string is the chunker one, and which one is the anorexic one

Still didnt make sense to me...then i thought to look up lefthanded chords

At least now it makes sense...but i still cant play it

-
Back