Finally have this set of 2.08 Edelbrock heads done.

-
Took 6 weeks to get Manley 2.08 and 1.60 valves, keepers, LS springs (ya I didn’t stutter), spring locators, and valve locks. Well 5/16 locks came instead of 11/32. Took somewhere around 3 months to get this right minus -040 or -.050 pac 11/32 keepers needed with this spring to get the required spring pressures. The spring is only 1.280 diameter. I never do 2.08 heads for customers but this is a very good friend. Honestly I wouldn’t have done them to this size if I knew what chamber size I was limited to but with extra work they turned out ok. I was a nervous wreck assembling these small azz retainers and keepers not having a single spare but they are ready for pickup. These heads were ported by a friend before so I had a few repairs to do and had to cut them for the required .500 valve seals. Before and after numbers. Should work pretty good with his .680 lift roller cam.

View attachment 1716244220

View attachment 1716244221

View attachment 1716244222

View attachment 1716244223

View attachment 1716244224

View attachment 1716244225
That is some really nice improvements!!!!!

My son picked up two sets of heads and two intakes this morning that are heading to Ohio. Hopefully the one set will reach the engine builder tomorrow and on the dyno soon. This 408 will be going in my friends duster that my son will be driving.
I hope it’s together so we both can race at the Ace race at the end of this month at Dragway 42.

Have you ever tried your hand at a set of Hughes engines big mouth heads with the 2.08 valves , wondering if they left anymore flow with hand finishing , thanks

Have you ever tried your hand at a set of Hughes engines big mouth heads with the 2.08 valves , wondering if they left anymore flow with hand finishing , thanks

I did a set a few years ago that are sitting on a shelf. I modified an Indy intake to work on them but was sucking oil. To hard trying to figure it out on the car so I pulled that top end off and it’s been on my shelf ever since. They were flowing around 326cfm but now that I have a seat machine I’ll be doing a better valve job and a few other tricks I’ve learned since then.

Sounds good it may be worth my time to pull them and let you have a go it them come this fall

-
Back