How Do I Adjust A Subwoofer For Best Sound?

-
IMG_7383.gif

Get some cheap headphones, they work great when talking to family you don’t like.

IMG_7699.gif
IMG_7700.gif
IMG_7701.gif

Last edited:
"Coaxial" is a bit of a misnomer. technically, all it means is the speakers share the same centerline.
Typically it's used to mean a two way setup- a woofer and a tweeter...with the tweeter centered.

"Triaxial" is used to mean a three speaker system, even though technically it means there are three axes.

Personally, I like 60 Hz to come from a non-sub driver.
I like it to "punch" rather than "rumble".
...and I like it aimed at me rather than the ground or the wall.
I want to feel that 60 Hz in my spine, not my butt (or my fillings).

...but this has been with 8, 10, and 12" woofers, or at least 6x9's.

Agree asking those small magnet 6.5's to do 60 Hz "with authority" is probably pushing it, despite what the spec sheet says.

The speakers in my doors are coaxials. That is, unless I don't know the definition. lol
man, i'm such an idiot at times, yes, your right, your speaker's are coaxial. it's been years since i built my system, so i've forgotten what coaxial actually is, in the back of my mind it has resulted in that it is a two way, or three way speaker, etc.

i came up with that as looking for a speaker with "coaxial" in the description. this is the speaker i thought you had, i was completely off base with what i said.

Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X174​

what a dumbass i am.
looks like you have lots of help. good luck.

-
Back