I Need Engine Experts! 340 Roller Lifter and Pushrod Issue

-
Just asking here, but why didn't you use a solid roller from the get go? More power all the way around plus the shorter lifter. Please don't tell me it's the frequent valve adjustment thing, as that's just a myth. With all the high end valve train parts you're using here, if you have to adjust once a year, I'd be shocked.
So would I. U can still run the solid rollers on the hydro shaft just use less lash like said earlier. Kim

First.Forget hydraulic rollers. Second, get the lifter bores bashed. You may hear different bit been there done that.
Third, get ahold of BAMM Solid roller lifters.
Smith Bros will handle your pushrods. THEN ABSOLUTELY call Mike at B3 racing..
Pay the piper once and you'll never go back.

Correct me if I'm wrong Hawk, but 1.6 rockers would move the pushrod cup closer to the rocker shaft and improve the pushrod angle at least marginally. It might even improve the pushrod clearance in the head.

First.Forget hydraulic rollers. Second, get the lifter bores bashed. You may hear different bit been there done that.
Third, get ahold of BAMM Solid roller lifters.
Smith Bros will handle your pushrods. THEN ABSOLUTELY call Mike at B3 racing..
Pay the piper once and you'll never go back.

Correct me if I'm wrong Hawk, but 1.6 rockers would move the pushrod cup closer to the rocker shaft and improve the pushrod angle at least marginally. It might even improve the pushrod clearance in the head.
So first, sorry for slow replies - my retina almost fully detached from my eye and I had to have emergency surgery, so I have been down for a bit. I still have trouble with PCs and screens due to my eye.

I promise I will update this thread once everything is back together, but a couple of short updates:
1) The hydraulic lifters will stay put - they are purchased and in the engine. That train has left the station. Maybe someday in the future if the new owner wants to fund this.
2) This thing should have already been together, but my unexpected eye issues delayed everything. New owner said he will do measurements and contact Mike at B3 at the end of the season so he can do this upgrade as a winter project. Mike's kit is well worth the cost and I have no doubt it will create a noticeable improvement.
3) @qkcuda
It seems reasonable that 1.6 rockers would move the pushrod cup towards the shaft - makes sense to me although I can't verify that absolutely. I do think that 1.6 rockers would absolutely be better in this engine. I'll try to convince the new owner to perhaps consider a rocker arm swap over the winter along with the B3 racing kit. I'd think that would make a nice upgrade if he can afford the new rocker arms.

If you’re going to a 1.6 rocker, make sure you do it before doing the measuring for Mikes (B3 racing) kit. Because it does make a difference.

-
Back