lexan windows

-

birdieracing

Reaction score
does anyone have any advise on installing lexan glass in my 75 skamp rear
quarter glass any pics or tips would great

Lexan is actually plastic. It is worked, cut filed, sanded, easily with woodworking tools, best when warm. You can get it to pretty much whatever shape your going for, meaning you can bend or contour by selectively applying heat. For qtr windows you don't need much if any contour though. use your glass windows as a pattern, cut your shape with a jigsaw, drill your holes and install. Leave the liner on the sheet when working it or mask it to avoid scratching cause it will easily. Like anything good quality lexan is not cheap, I don't know what it actually goes for retail, but if you know anyone in the sign business or can find a small signshop they will often have end cuts or can get it for you. The only problem with them getting it is you'll probably have to spring for a full sheet ($250?). if you can get some endcuts get an extra to practice on. Good Luck!

thanks for the imput do i remove window channel rubber or rivet it threw the rubber
on top or bottom? and does anyone know how thick it should be

Probably just rivet it through the rubber if I understand, as far as thickness probably 3/16''.

1/8th of an inch is pretty standard. As for the installation it can vary. If you don't want it to open or roll down you can buy window mounting kits from any of the chassis builders, ART, Alston, Ed Quay, etc. to make a small tubular frame to hold the window replete with tabs and fasteners. Welding and fabrication will be required.

If you have flip out windows you could possibly engineer something to work. My suggestion would be to visit several drag strips and take a look at similar cars to yours and see how it was done.

Drilling through the rubber weatherstrip? Well I guess you could but I wouldn't.

nice ride GUITAR JONES any advise on how to get my pics attached is says
pix to large i dont have any ideal how to attach

an image resizer..
open a blog and saved them there and link them to FABO.
i personally use photobucket
its free and pretty straight forward
:wav:

-
Back