NHRA BO29 information from 1968

-
Yes, so should the D-Darts, but people still want to use the letter "O" instead of the number "0" like you just did...

I definitely defer to anyone who had one, but I’m pretty sure every state would be different on registering one. I have read the motor vehicle standards for 1968 and there is no standard that they don’t meet. There were not that many standards then. The reason given for their not being legal in FAST is they did not come with a warranty. Every other argument is just silly.

0545E5E0-4382-4FCA-AB34-0FE9F9F7C2E5.png

I definitely defer to anyone who had one, but I’m pretty sure every state would be different on registering one. I have read the motor vehicle standards for 1968 and there is no standard that they don’t meet. There were not that many standards then. The reason given for their not being legal in FAST is they did not come with a warranty. Every other argument is just silly.

View attachment 1716256243

That looks like a table of contents with the Title to each standard.

I don't know what the details of each standard are. But these cars did not come with:
  • functioning speedometer and odometer
  • front window defroster
  • drivers side mirror
  • front fender side marker lamps/reflectors
Not sure if they had functioning neutral safety switches.

I would think a functioning speedo and odometer is a requirement. And side marker lights/reflectors were mandatory starting in 1968 for all US cars.

They had a red sticker in front of driver door that stated they were NOT Street Legal
or conform to safety standards.

At least the three I owned did. Including one Brand New in 1968.

-
Back