nylon pulley spacer

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
i want to make a pulley spacer for my crankshaft to line my pulleys up.
i currently have a 1/4 aluminum spacer i made for the water pump pulley, which lines it up with the outer (larger) groove on the crank....
in order to keep the crank pulley register, i need to make it 1/2" thick, and then i can also keep the 1/4" WP pulley on to line up the proper grooves

in which case, it needs to be an additional 1/8" thick for the register

(if i removed the WP pulley spacer and tried to make a 1/4" crank pulley spacer, i'd have a wall of about .020 thick around the pulley register, so i figured i'd make it 1/2", plus 1/8 to cut a register into...)

HOWEVER....i have no 5/8 aluminum plate, and buying it would be beyond my desires, and we have various grades of nylon at work....i thought about cutting a spacer out of nylon and machining it to the desired specs.....but don't know if that's such a good idea....would the pulley bolts keep it sandwiched well to keep it from flying apart at high rpm??
i could make it large enough to also be captured by the inner surface of the balancer.......

just a thought....

or maybe the belt will be fine on the larger pulley anyway???? the alternator and high flow water pump will definitely be spinning faster....

-
Back