69 AMX

-
IS yours an AC car ? Mine is stock for the most part, PS pump and Rad have been changed, only 55,000 miles..
Mine has 72,000 original miles 390/4 speed/354 twin grip purchased from estate of original owner has rally center gauges also. Original headliner made of hard cardboard. Power steering power disc brakes original radiator 70 fan shroud everything still original except New clutch, Carpet, side pipes one repaint in 1996.
Mine is a first week of production last week of Aug 1968, car is a 1969 have the left over’s from 1968 inland shifter, non visor type gauge cover. Hurst shifter didn’t come out until Jan 1969

Last edited:
Mine has 72,000 original miles 390/4 speed/354 twin grip purchased from estate of original owner has rally center gauges also. Original headliner made of hard cardboard. Power steering power disc brakes original radiator 70 fan shroud everything still original except New clutch, Carpet, side pipes one repaint in 1996.
Mine is a first week of production last week of Aug 1968, car is a 1969 have the left over’s from 1968 inland shifter, non visor type gauge cover. Hurst shifter didn’t come out until Jan 1969
Thats cool.. Mine is a Feb, 69 run.. 390/4 speed/354/Ps/PDB/Hurst Shifter/Red with Platinum Interior/ silver stripes/twin grip /also. She came outta California then to Huston...
If you like send me and I'll share my email address, like to find out more.. I haven't sen the Raly Dash gauges before hence thinking you had AC vents , that is a rare feature..

406ECC26-03F1-4692-AE4E-D40E43E693A4.jpeg

203F3B35-B19D-489C-AEA3-A8EF122D5746.jpeg

E95DF955-A375-4B07-BEC2-AAC1B9A16484.jpeg

Yes very rare. Read an article only 1,000 remain from 1968-1970 total production in all three years 19,000 so seems pretty accurate.

IMG_4573.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

Yes, the tan with the blue is unique, kinda catching. I have the same color interior except the exterior was brown. With the red/white/blue I’m not sure. It has later 90s Corvette bucket seats in red that matches the red on the exterior. Previous owner did a repaint several years ago. I think all the car needs is an appearance cleanup.

Looks like the Sidewinder and the Trendsetter are a little different. Sidewinder appears to cut in though the dogleg of the fender down in the rocker area. It’s been my experience that sidepipes are generally loud.
Exhaust goes completely under car, the area you see is a cover that attaches to the lower fender as the bend of the exhaust pipe travels to the side pipe muffler. The exhaust travels along the pinch welds rocker underside, the exhaust shield on side pipes attach from original rocker moulding screws. Completing the look. The sound is amazing. In my opinion.

Exhaust goes completely under car, the area you see is a cover that attaches to the lower fender as the bend of the exhaust pipe travels to the side pipe muffler. The exhaust travels along the pinch welds rocker underside, the exhaust shield on side pipes attach from original rocker moulding screws. Completing the look. The sound is amazing. In my opinion.
I would imagine this setup is hard to come by

-
Back