Are you a narcissist?

-
I REtook the test and aimed for the maximum...

1714448458037.png

Answer every question with strongly agree and you'd surely max out every category. I had "agree" on only two but "strongly agree" on the other 26 questions.
(This was for entertainment and research purposes only.....This was NOT my actual score)

View attachment 1716243609

Answer every question with strongly agree and you'd surely max out every category. I had "agree" on only two but "strongly agree" on the other 26 questions.
(This was for entertainment and research purposes only.....This was NOT my actual score)
Sure Greg. Whatever you say! :poke: :rofl: :rofl:

Or to use for ones personal information to be used as an aid to win that argument by making them give up.

I don’t generally label people, but I do recognize personality traits pretty quickly.

"shut down" == "making them give up".

I'm not a shrink so I'm not going to psychoanalyze, or pretend I have that ability to win an argument. You either have standing in a disagreement or you don't. Shutting down the discussion isn't "winning" the argument.

btw, a true narcissist is hard to diagnose. They are exceedingly good at hiding it if needed an have no guilt about it. So yeah, labeling people for sake of "winning" isn't "winning".

"shut down" == "making them give up".

I'm not a shrink so I'm not going to psychoanalyze, or pretend I have that ability to win an argument. You either have standing in a disagreement or you don't. Shutting down the discussion isn't "winning" the argument.

btw, a true narcissist is hard to diagnose. They are exceedingly good at hiding it if needed an have no guilt about it. So yeah, labeling people for sake of "winning" isn't "winning".

When in an argument or “discussion” and the other person is clearly wrong, and won’t listen to proof or facts you might as well just shut it down.
Well, unless a person just likes to argue.

I don’t, and let people keep their opinions if they choose to ignore facts.
All too common these days.

When in an argument or “discussion” and the other person is clearly wrong, and won’t listen to proof or facts you might as well just shut it down.
Well, unless a person just likes to argue.

I don’t, and let people keep their opinions if they choose to ignore facts.
All too common these days.

My point is that labels etc are used by people to shutdown the conversation regardless of "correctness". We see it all the time.

I think we're saying mostly the same thing. If not, well so be it.

Too bad there isn’t a test to point out the habit that SOME people have of monopolizing conversations.
I’ve met too many clueless people that ramble on and on about themselves and what they think without letting anyone around them speak.
That **** pisses me off and too damn many people do this.
I don’t think that ALL of them that do this are narcissistic. Some are just clueless to the possibility that someone else might want to speak.
Some might just talk because they are nervous.
I was in a truck with a guy I normally get along fine with and that dude blabbed 90% of the time. I just got tired of trying to vie for air time so I clammed up and tuned out. Finally he asked me what I thought about one of the countless stupid topics he rattled on about and I unloaded on him.
He was shocked. He didn’t know why I was pissed and that made me even MORE pissed. Stupid. Clueless. Oblivious to his surroundings.
He isn’t a narcissist, just ignorant.
Is there a test for that?
I started becoming aware of the blabbermouths in the mid 90s when I was divorced and meeting new people. I was quick to disqualify prospective women based on this trait. It is non negotiable with me. I can be happy with a woman carrying a bit of weight or if she isn’t really pretty but I will not deal with a woman that only shows concern for herself and disregards others.

Too bad there isn’t a test to point out the habit that SOME people have of monopolizing conversations.
I’ve met too many clueless people that ramble on and on about themselves and what they think without letting anyone around them speak.
That **** pisses me off and too damn many people do this.
I don’t think that ALL of them that do this are narcissistic. Some are just clueless to the possibility that someone else might want to speak.
Some might just talk because they are nervous.
I was in a truck with a guy I normally get along fine with and that dude blabbed 90% of the time. I just got tired of trying to vie for air time so I clammed up and tuned out. Finally he asked me what I thought about one of the countless stupid topics he rattled on about and I unloaded on him.
He was shocked. He didn’t know why I was pissed and that made me even MORE pissed. Stupid. Clueless. Oblivious to his surroundings.
He isn’t a narcissist, just ignorant.
Is there a test for that?
I started becoming aware of the blabbermouths in the mid 90s when I was divorced and meeting new people. I was quick to disqualify prospective women based on this trait. It is non negotiable with me. I can be happy with a woman carrying a bit of weight or if she isn’t really pretty but I will not deal with a woman that only shows concern for herself and disregards others.
I have a friend whose wife is really bad for interrupting after she asks you a question. I have known her for over 40 years, and I really don't remember her doing that in the past, so I have to believe that it is because of nervousness. A few weeks ago my wife and I were over at their house, buddy and I were in the garage checking out his recently purchased Harley and the wives were in the house talking.
After about 20 minutes, my friend's wife came out to the garage for a smoke, didn't really say much, and we went back in the house. My wife was sitting alone in the living room, and she said that she thought she had pissed off my buddy's wife because she finally got tired of being interrupted. We had a bit of a tense dinner and left shortly after, my wife told me more about what had happened when we got home.
I know that it is really frustrating, as she has done it to me on more than a few occasions, I try not to let it bother me, but it is annoying. Last weekend I stopped by for a few minutes to wish my buddy a Happy Birthday and drop off a case of beer for him, stayed for one quick one, his wife was really good, but his 30 year old son (who still lives at home) started trying to bait me into a political discussion. We have opposite political beliefs, and I simply told him I would not discuss politics with him, finished my beer and left.

I know damn well that I'm not a narcissist.

It's not like I have to ask any of you guys if you think otherwise. :p

You have been pretty stable and reasonably humble as far as I can tell.
I've met some real jerks in my time and I'm getting pretty good at spotting them quickly.

View attachment 1716243609

Did you try getting the minimum across the board?

How about minimum on the first three and maximum on the last one?

-
Back