Headlight Relay Kits

-
Which LEDs did you go with?
LED "bulbs" do not have the same light source center generally. What that means is the light is reflected in a different pattern, causing glare for oncoming drivers.
When changing to LED headlampsthe matching reflectors should also be purchased to get the proper beam pattern.

That's why I hate LED's, glare, the only person that can see is the guy driving them. I try not to drive at night anymore unless I get caught because that's all that's out there.

If complete light assemblies are used wherein the reflector housing is designed to match the LED bulb for the proper pattern, there should be no issue. But crap they are bright. You do not know if it is rediculous bright bulbs or a numbnutz leaving their high beams on. The laws governing tungsten headlights stated 55 watts on low beam and 60 watts on high beam. I seriously doubt that has been changed. These new lights are like putting 85/100 watt halogen bulbs in, but at least those had a good beam pattern. With the advent of modern technology for lights, it is my belief that headlight laws need to be revisited and the output determined via lumens instead of input wattage.
Current regulations basically have not changed since the introduction in 1940 of the sealed beam and then in I think the late 1960's that introduced the 4 headlight systems with 5 1/4" round sealed beams to replace 2 7" round headlights. That is a long time that regulators have buried their heads in a place light rarely gets to.

In the early 80's my buddy had halogens in his 70 Duster. Cops pulled him over and said his lights were illegal. Now car blind you and they do nothing. I like the Toyota kits with lights but would like some input from someone who has used them.
Genuine Toyota OEM 81110-60P70 Koto Halogen Headlight Conversion Kit, Pair, FJ60 | eBay
I just put that exact kit in my Duster. They are brite, but not too bright. It's well put together, but a little bulky with the lenght of the wiring and the protective covering, some of which I stripped off to make it a little more manageable around the connections, the rest I bundled up and secured with zip ties to the brace under my battery tray
About 50 zip ties come in the kit too.

That's why I hate LED's, glare, the only person that can see is the guy driving them. I try not to drive at night anymore unless I get caught because that's all that's out there.
Ever had Acura/Lexus/BMW 's etc.,etc. coming at you at night???...brighter than any aftermarket LED. My wife's Acura RDX gets flashed often, and they are the stock "jewel" headlights.:steering:

Ever had Acura/Lexus/BMW 's etc.,etc. coming at you at night???...brighter than any aftermarket LED. My wife's Acura RDX gets flashed often, and they are the stock "jewel" headlights.:steering:
The family has an Audi and it's the same story there. Way too often do we have to flash back to show those are in fact not the brights on that are blinding (and it's only been messed with by the dealer so no aiming funny business or aftermarket bits).

A bunch of those are HID. Longer life than halogen, but yes, bright.

-
Back