New rallye dash replacement gauges/tachs (some insider news from the supplier)

-
Below is a shot of the dash I assembled
Nice looking dash! I don't know what year your tach is from.

So I cancelled my order with Classic and ordered a tach from AMS- they have a 2 week lead time for this item. I had already waited 4 months with Classic. AMS also had an AM radio that was on my "needed" list so that will be coming my way.

Thanks to all for the input,
Steve

Update: The used tachometer mentioned in the OP has been sold. However, if you want a new one, see post #26 ^above^. He was quoted only a two week lead time. You'll want to call them to place an order, because their websites are the worst and often they show out-of-stock on things they actually have or are building, but you can't place an order online. Their phone service is usually excellent. The manufacturer is AMS Obsolete, but they have several different names that they sell various products under. Here is a link to one of them specific to the tachs: Mopar Restoration and Performance A-BODY DASH-RELATED, Tachometers

At a car show (Cars & Coffee type) at Gateway Classics in Denver area, I saw this '67 Barracuda Convertible with a 6.4L Hemi and 8 speed automatic. Beautiful car, but this instrument selection is something that I never saw before. Can anyone identify the source of these gauges. The speedometer is combined with the tachometer in the left gauge and the right cluster looks aftermarket but tastefully done. But I have no idea where these gauges came from and have never seen this setup previously. Be very interested to know more about them. I have my '68 FB FS nearly complete, so I won't go this way, but others may be interested.

20240525_103104.jpg

20240525_103110.jpg

20240525_103148.jpg

20240525_103148.jpg

At a car show (Cars & Coffee type) at Gateway Classics in Denver area, I saw this '67 Barracuda Convertible with a 6.4L Hemi and 8 speed automatic. Beautiful car, but this instrument selection is something that I never saw before. Can anyone identify the source of these gauges. The speedometer is combined with the tachometer in the left gauge and the right cluster looks aftermarket but tastefully done. But I have no idea where these gauges came from and have never seen this setup previously. Be very interested to know more about them. I have my '68 FB FS nearly complete, so I won't go this way, but others may be interested.

View attachment 1716256224

View attachment 1716256225

View attachment 1716256226

View attachment 1716256227

The 4in1 gauge looks like this one, but I didn't find a speedo/tach one to match what is in that car.

37205-01dualfront__75452.1653329145.jpg

WOODWARD 4 3/8" 2 GAUGE KIT BLACK

The 4in1 gauge looks like this one, but I didn't find a speedo/tach one to match what is in that car.
It looks like it is not a tach, but an original rallye "Performance Indicator" (vacuum gauge).

UPDATE: D'oh, I see now I was looking at the wrong hole.
:rofl: Yeah that dual speedo tach dealio sure is unique.

Last edited:
-
Back