my old crusty cuda. yep she's seen better days. only 61,000 on the odometer. and with her last registered in 1981 its probably true mileage. its amazing what a mess 30 years of sitting exposed to the elements and careless ownership does to a vehicle.
i replaced the ganked up floors and cut thru rear torsion bar crossmember where somebody torched a nasty hole to make a home brewed floor shift setup. used a floor and crossmember from my 74 dart parts car. i built up a set of cordoba big brakes in front, cordoba severe duty drums in back. I just picked up some 15x7 chrysler fifth ave steelies for it, got some 67/68 plymouth dog dish caps for it. Prob gonna paint em body color.
got used floor hump out of a duster in my friends wrecking yard. $50 so it was a pretty good score. got it welded in, at least i didnt cut thru the new crossmember like the other owner did to the old one LOL.
steering column was 3 speed manual on the column. i converted it by removing the 3 speed shifter stuff from the column, and shaving and smoothing to remove the shifter hole in the upper column collar, i also carefully butt welded a sheetmetal cover patch on the column tube lower, and body worked it to cover up where the shifter ears came out the column lower for the transmission shifter linkage. this is going to be a 4 speed floor shift car. it only needs the horn and turn signals in the steering column now.
i saw some nice wheeled castor stands made by US car tool for A body mopars, they bolt on just like these do. i decided to weld up and make my own setup. i got some nice 8" diameter Bassick brand swivel lock castors off an old machine stand at work that the company was sending to the scrap yard. these are like $140 each new at grainger, so i scored big time. i used 3/16" thick steel square tubing to make it sturdy as all get out. the body rolls like a dream on these.
just cleaned, rewelded the welds on the K frame, and welded on a 1/8" thick reinforcement plate to the bottom center of my K frame. also going to box in the steering box mounts on K frame.
also made some subframe connectors from 2x3 1/8" thick square stock. finally welded them in. pix i have to share they arent welded in yet but you get the idea, i have clecos and clamps holding them in place. i also ran the parking brake cable on the inboard side of the framerail so it doesnt interfere by running across the subframe connectors and will run parallel to them i feel this is the best way to do this. There is actually enough room to run it this way even with manual shift linkage.
I did a complete disassembly/restoration of the dashboard, and gages. Did some upgrades while at it, an ammeter to volt gage conversion, soldered up my own solid state IVR, and used green 5630 led flexible strip light for backlighting in the gage housing. Added in the light package to the dash harnness, and rewired the dash harness to rid the ammeter setup.
I am currently in the process of mocking up my engine setup. Using a 318 as a build jig. Car will actually have a 360 when done.
bought some nice tubular upper A arms from john dillinger, strut rods, and lower radiator support bar from him too. nice high quality stuff, i cant wait to install these parts.
Built a poor mans rotisserie out of scrap square stock tubing, and old trampoline tubing. It works pretty well.
she is slowly coming along. thanks for taking the time to look the pix of my slowly evolving project.