‘91-W150 4X4 vacuum line and electrical wire questions

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
An help here would be appreciated a lot.

There is a set of vacuum hoses that connect to the top of the transfer case that I have no idea about. What there for, where they go, are they needed.

91FED003-5A91-47C9-9618-058D31DD890B.jpeg
A0A738B4-58CC-49F5-A33D-E67C8D0886F0.jpeg

There is also a electrical plug. Again, I have no clue WTF this thing is, does or what it’s for.

1995D0A1-8846-4402-B528-FC72EDE2E08D.jpeg

I done a quick search and you might try here or google with your header
91-W150 4X4 vacuum line
Found quite a bit of info.
It has to do with your 4x4 engagement.
chrome_screenshot_1657155927129.png

i have a 91 fsm on cd. what color is the electrical connector and how many wires and color of wires please. 1 port on the vacuum plug goes to manifold vacuum, 1 is pull, 1 is push for the front disconnect and 1 should be vent, i think. will investigate for u in a minute.

There should be a vacumm switch on top of the transfer case, which is under the center of the floor board, just in back of floor 4WD lever under the seat, of console. It is really hard to get at, and imposible laying on the ground The switch is about 2.5 inches high, and it takes an 1 1/8 inch wrench. That is where the 4 hole vacuum connector goes.
I am writing this from memory, as I gave my 91 Ramcharger to my son.
I cut a hole in my foor board where the switch is, so I coould get at it easier.
Hope this helps some. Dave

I done a quick search and you might try here or google with your header
91-W150 4X4 vacuum line
Found quite a bit of info.
It has to do with your 4x4 engagement.
View attachment 1715952420
Thanks Steve.
Can you provide a link to that by chance?

That’s a help! A bit hard to blow up and see. I’ll give it a work in the next couple of days. The new to me Florida heat and weather is exceeding some of the worst I left up north. At best, thanks can get a few boys in the morning and a couple in the evening. Man! I’m s roasty here.

There should be a vacumm switch on top of the transfer case, which is under the center of the floor board, just in back of floor 4WD lever under the seat, of console. It is really hard to get at, and imposible laying on the ground The switch is about 2.5 inches high, and it takes an 1 1/8 inch wrench. That is where the 4 hole vacuum connector goes.
I am writing this from memory, as I gave my 91 Ramcharger to my son.
I cut a hole in my foor board where the switch is, so I coould get at it easier.
Hope this helps some. Dave
Thanks Dave, it does. As this is a first time old truck for me that is just a nibble more than I can chew. Having not ever been “here” before with a truck, I’m finding out that I like these things.

Below is a better picture of the wire connector that goes up at the rear of the trans/transfer case are.

On the car right, what appears to be a black wire is actually a dark blue wire. Then purple with a black tracer, then a thicker than the rest white wire, then a white wire w/a red tracer.
At the plug end there is a looped brown wire w/a yellow tracer.
345E9A88-05E0-4025-B155-EAF57A30CD02.jpeg
17A173FC-6226-4FE3-8FF0-8FA2431A8736.jpeg

Oh! Also!

Would anyone know if the ram charger windshield is the same as the trucks?

Freakin awesome!

Normally I’m answering questions and rarely have any. But each time I ask, this place helps and totally rocks.
Thanks fellas.

Oh, the infamous CAD axle. I locked mine in position and ran manual lockouts on a few trucks with that. Never had to worry about it being engaged or not.

-
Back