(1:18) Demon go wing removal

-

demon322

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on one of these. Anyone ever attempt to remove the go wing from one? Not a fan but afraid if I remove it it will leave some unsightly holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 353
You would have to remove the body off the chassis to get at where it's held in place.its glued on so u can just grind the glue off and pop it off. You would have 2 holes I your trunk though. If you do take it off I could use it.☺

Ha. If I do decide to take it off and it survives in one piece its all yours fez.

I don't think I would have to take the body off as the trunk opens. It looks as though the wing sticks through two holes in the trunk and is "welded" by melting the plastic on the underside. I really want it gone but I am afraid the holes it will leave will look worse to me than this stinkin' wing. Wondered if someone had tried it on one of these. It wasn't cheap, I would hate to ruin it. But I really don't like the wing - other than the wing its very close to what mine will look like some day.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 257
Oh I didn't know the blue demon had a opening trunk! I have the orange and green one and the trunks don't open. Yes your right the plastic us just melted on the inside. Pop it off and fill the holes then just touch it up with a similar color. Once it's in the shelf you will never notice

Actually it is go wing, play on words..... going

Genius marketing.

Try using a hobby knife or small screwdriver to scrape off the melted part of the plastic as flush as possible with the bottom of the trunk surface.

That way if you decide you can't deal with fill in the holes, at least you can put it back on... but id use rubber cement.

Thanks YY1. I like your plan. Sounds like if I do it correctly I could always put the wing back if the holes bother me too much. I will let you guys know how it goes if I decide to attempt removal.

My '71 Demon has a much thicker fiberglass "go wing". I am curious if mine is after market or if they came both ways? I like the looks of the thinner metal wing better, but not enough to put it on my list right now.

My '71 Demon has a much thicker fiberglass "go wing". I am curious if mine is after market or if they came both ways? I like the looks of the thinner metal wing better, but not enough to put it on my list right now.

your wing they used on fords and mopars called a go wing
the other thinner 1 is called a gullwing

Well, finally bit the bullet. One side came off very easily with some scraping under the trunk but unfortunately the other side snapped at the same time. It doesn't look as bad as I had feared but I definitely will look for some touch up paint. I need to also fill the hole on the side that came out correctly.

Fez, I am a man of my word, if you still want the wing I would be happy to send it to you. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 192
I would like it. I can fix it and use it. I'm in canada though. If that's a issue for shipping. I can send you some money for it through PayPal if you have it. If it's to much hassle it's ok. message me if you like

Thanks but I wouldn't feel right taking money for it. Pm me your address and I'll check on shipping it. Unless its super unreasonable it will be on its way to you.

I used the spoiler in this dart. I tried to create the same car my dad had a long time ago. I also added the stripe, wheels and painted the scoops.

20160426_193344.jpg

Here are 2 70 superbee's that I created that I thought I would share. They don't make a hardtop version, Just a coronet convertible. So I had to add a roof from a 69 super bee and wheels and paint

20160320_161147.jpg

-
Back