10" clutch kit comes with 9 1/4" disc.

-

oldmodlover

Reaction score
I bough a new LOC ( although opened) 10" clutch kit and it contained a 9 1/4" disc.
Seller stated all he did was open the box. Nothing was removed or " switched".
Is this true ?
Why would LUK put in a 9 1/4" disc for a 10" pressure plate ?
I already ordered and received a 10" disc off evilbay.
Maybe it's just me, but l think a 10" pressure plate should have a 10" disc.

Your thoughts ?

I sold him that clutch, and I didn't realize that either, I actually had 2 kits, so I'd like to know as well. It's a LuK 05-004 replacement clutch. Anyone else use 1 off these?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/luk-05-004

Hey Valkman. Thanks for your response.!
This post is in no way against you. I really appreciate what you did for me.
Just trying to find out facts.
The link says disc is 9.938 in diameter.
Pretty damn close to 10" for me !
I can tell the difference between 9.25 and 9.938 even with a 12' tape measure. Lol!

I think Summit has some 'splaining to do.

I sold him that clutch, and I didn't realize that either, I actually had 2 kits, so I'd like to know as well. It's a LuK 05-004 replacement clutch. Anyone else use 1 off these?
LuK Clutch Kits 05-004

I think the website was having issues, it posted my reply 3 times, and I ended up deleting them all by mistake some I'm reposting it again

Last edited:
Hey Valkman. Thanks for your response.!
This post is in no way against you. I really appreciate what you did for me.
Just trying to find out facts.
The link says disc is 9.938 in diameter.
Pretty damn close to 10" for me !
I can tell the difference between 9.25 and 9.938 even with a 12' tape measure. Lol!

I think Summit has some 'splaining to do.
I think Luk clucthes has some explaining to do!

I bought one off Ebay to start with. Nice looking clutch. I screwed up the adjustment and burned up the throw-out bearing and it damaged the pressure plate fingers. I then bought a Brewers clutch just to make sure of the quality, adjusted it properly and it has been in the car 10 years.

clutch kit 008.jpg

I ran into the same problem, last year. Sent the clutch back. Don't remember what brand it was, but I did contact the company, and was told that was correct. Purchased a "Perfection" brand MU-1525-1, and it had the 10 inch PP and disc. However the throw out bearing used a plastic collar/housing. I had heard of these breaking at low mileage. Called Perfection, and they sent me a TO bearing with a metal housing. Have not installed the clutch yet.
This is for my 84 D-100 slant six A-833od, that I use to tow my race car.

-
Back