11's at 20 years old !

-

383man

Reaction score
Yea my oldest turned 20 yesterday. Guess it's kinda cool to be 20 years old and already have an 11 second street car. And he wants to get serious next year and go for easy 10's. We plan to work this 400 a much as we can this year and then it may get a stroker kit and some serious head work. Here is a cool pic my buddy took last year at a T & T. Ron

135189183.jpg

I hear ya Mopower71, I'm 37 and haven't gone anything under 15 seconds since I was about 15 when I stole my brothers Cutlass for a joy ride! I've got a 340 waiting in the wings for my 'Cuda, and I hope that will do the trick, just need some motivation to invest some money and time in it..........this forum is helping.

Neil
'65 Barracuda S in Ottawa, Ontario

happy birthday Rons son:)
i am also waiting for 11´s and i am 24 but i gues i will have to see what i can do;)

Happy b-day,Rons kid. I'll be 32, 04-28-06 and I was running 13's at 20. Now running mid 10's, My dad bought a Hemi Charger 4 sp. when he was 21(I would be dead if I had something like that at 21) and he still has it, some days you would think he's still 21 when he's driving it. As for the fast times(11's) its crazy--- you run in the 12s or whatever and then you find a way to kill a half of sec off the et and it seems like a whole new car.

Happy B-Day to your son Ron. 20 years old - damn, that's only a month shy of 37 years ago. And that's not from memory, just from math. I think the last time I went that fast was out the rear of a C-130 just before the chute opened - at least if memory serves me correctly, the chute opened. :)

Thanks for the replies. I will pass the Happy Birthday's on to him as he is over his girlfriends now. Heck I was just realizing I did not have an 11 second car until I was 26 in 1982. And it was not a street car. Gee seems 11 second street cars are all around today. Wow how times and technology has changed. Ron

You aren't kidding 383man! In 1982 I was 20 I had a Buick Gran Sport daily driver (I drove 50 miles round trip to work) that ran 12.30s and that was considered a very very fast car at that time. The only people that would race me were bikes. I had quite a reputation in the city I lived and cars wouldn't come near me. The bike guys were a kick, after we raced the just couldn't believe a car, let a lone, a Buick could be that fast. The bad is the cops after awhile were all over me like a cheap suit. My son turned 15 March 14th and is already getting pumped to go racing and do the Mopar thing. I bought him a '54 Dodge truck for his birthday. Happy birthday to him and sorry to here about his buddys Nova that was in another thread that went to the graveyard in the sky.

-
Back