14x7 SBP Steel Wheels

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Were they every made? Does anyone make them now? I'd like to run this size on the back of my '66 Cuda with the original poverty caps I have.

I don't think they were ever OEM, but many aftermarket suppliers can make them.

I have a set of 14x7 steelies I used on my 66 Valiant until I moved to 15" all the way around. They fit the rear fender wells very nicely, lots of room and no contact unless I had a carload of folks and hit a dip. My rear springs are the originals and are pretty weak so I'm sure that contributed to the problem. I don't think these were ever factory made. I got them from a guy who used Ford (!) 14x7 barrels and welded in Mopar SBP centers. He did a pretty good job. One wheel is just shy of being true, the other has a little bit of runout in one spot (about .100 or so?) but I never noticed anything after 3-4 years running them and that included plenty of longer trips at freeway speed.

20160921_181023_1480009519488_resized.jpg

100_1931.JPG

100_1940.JPG

100_1916.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Never made. 14x5.5 yes. Aftermarket makes them in 14 and 15" diameters with small bolt pattern. Check Summit.

225-70x15 on the rear on 15x7's with a 4"backspace.

IMG_0686.JPG

check tire availability before going this route. Id go 15 in a heartbeat with your caps.

Specialty Wheel will make you a set. If you order them make sure you specify the desire backspacing since these aren't a stock wheel configuration. Asking on FABO will get you real world suggestions on backspacing that work that have worked.

Summit has sbp 15" steelies.
If you're looking for 14" only there are old chrome reverse steelies out there, rusty usually, which means cheap. I've seen them in 14x6 and 14x7.

Those are 15", looking for 14s
You would need to contact the wheel companies and see if they also have 14" wheels. Summit doesn't stock them all. Get on the wheel websites.

I have three 14 x 6 old chrome reverse wheels , small bolt , chrome is peeling and rusty but still useable , need blasted.

Frank

Mine are at least 10 years old you're right. Did not not know they are only making them in 15" now. Thanks for the update.

-
Back