17's on my 67

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing these rims to get the look I want without changing bolt pattern. I upgraded all my suspension on my 1967 Barracuda, keeping the 5 x 4 bp and am wondering has any warnings for me before I buy them. 17" 5 x 101.6 with 4.5" back spacing.
Boyd Coddington Wheels BC1-786445G
Boyd Coddington Wheels BC1-786445G Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dog Series Gray Wheels | Summit Racing

I have read I may need more than 4.5 backspacing? Don't want to have to make any body alterations.
Also wondering how drastic this may effect the ride from a 15" rim...
Any help would be appreciated

The boyds are (supposedly) available in a 17x7 also. I would recommend them for the front.
I would also check (by phone!) with Extreme Customs. They list the polished version on their website at about $30 less each than summit.
The question is always AVAILABILITY! Thats why i recommend an actual phone call, talking to a human.
Edit. I have a 67 barracuda too. If you get them i would love to know how they fit, and do you like em.

My existing 15" centrelines are 3.5" backspace according to my measurements. So, if the hub to the front edge of the rim is 4" ..can I figure out. My offset from this? I assume these are 8" rims with these measurements no? Should i be counting the 'lip' on the rim?
20210412_140435.jpg
20210412_140357.jpg

Rim width is measured from inside of the bead to bead. The usual aluminum rim adds about half an inch at each bead, so an 8 1/2" centerline would be 9 1/2 edge to edge.
Yours show 3 1/2 plus 4, plus center thickness. Im pretty sure those are 15x7s.

Centerline did make a 7.5" too. I had a set. Is the picture of the measurement from the front to the front face or mounting surface?

measurement is tape sitting flat on face of rim

OK, Probably 7"

So with these on your car, what size tires are you running and how well do they fit? Like does the rim come flush with the fender or do they tuck in some?

OK, Probably 7"

So with these on your car, what size tires are you running and how well do they fit? Like does the rim come flush with the fender or do they tuck in some?
They tuck in a bit...current tire size (205/55/R15) is how I bought the car but I'm not a fan. I have switched to rotor from drums in front.
1618263117385948724949075268219.jpg

-
Back