18" Wheels post pictures of your mopar on 18" rims

-

67DodgeDart360

Reaction score
Here is my 67 Dodge Dart. Might do the hemi look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My '74 Duster ('71 Demon "tribute" in progress). Enkei RPF1's, 18x9's up front with 275/35/18's, 18x10's out back with 295/35/18's.
IMG_2478 copy.jpg
IMG_2484 copy.jpg

I really, really dislike the look of big rims on vintage Mopars and would never do that to mine.
But I accept it on my new daily driver 2013 ex Michigan State
police Coronet.
20160902_074730-1.jpg

I maintain it cannot be a Charger if it has 4 doors and I will be re-badging it to Coronet.

No hate, I just find it odd that I now own a Mopar with 18 inch rims, and a few months ago it was unthinkable.
Not sure why I like the 18 inch black steel rims when I don't like the silver alloy cast rims.

No hate, I just find it odd that I now own a Mopar with 18 inch rims, and a few months ago it was unthinkable.
Not sure why I like the 18 inch black steel rims when I don't like the silver alloy cast rims.
It looks mean as hell, i was never into black rims until recently.

72BlunBlu - Any special work needed to accommodate those wheels/tire sizes?

72BlunBlu - Any special work needed to accommodate those wheels/tire sizes?

Yes some. In the front I went from stock BBP UCA's with offset bushings to tubular UCA's because at full steering lock and full suspension extension the rims would touch the UCA's. Probably would never happen out on the road but you never know. I also extended the lower front fender to bumper brace by almost 2" and cut the lip back at a 45* angle. The tires are so wide that the mods to the front lower corner are needed to clear the inside edge of the tire when turning. That's all I did though, the fender lips aren't rolled or anything like that.

This is what I'm talking about
IMG_3544_zpsvnqc8dk8.jpg

IMG_1950_zps72a4664c.jpg

But the tires are pretty darn wide.
IMG_1915_zps32183594.jpg

In the back I have a 1/2" spring offset kit installed and I trimmed about a 1/2" off of the quarter lip. You can see the difference in the quarter lip here
tireB-A_zps4efb0119.jpg

So, nothing all the complicated, but I definitely did a few things. Some of what I did was also required because of the ride height of my car, it's pretty low. There's a ton more info on my car in my build thread, the link is in my signature

I really, really dislike the look of big rims on vintage Mopars and would never do that to mine.
But I accept it on my new daily driver 2013 ex Michigan State
police Coronet.View attachment 1714968117

I maintain it cannot be a Charger if it has 4 doors and I will be re-badging it to Coronet.

Even those are way too small. 20-22 fit perfectly on new bigger wheel well cars.

I agree. Who wants to look at a huge gap around the wheel wells. The rim and tire package should fill the well as much as safely possible IMO.

The rockers have been dropped 2" to hide the pinch but at ride height I have about 4" to the oil pan and 6" to the bottom of the rockers. I have never had a problem with clearance at proper ride height.

I have a popsicle stick worth of clearance to the oil pan when it's dropped all the way and it's about 2-3" to the bottom of the rockers.

RMS front suspension using ride tech - air ride.

Here's a pic of it at ride height.

100_3451.jpg

I am putting my 69 together now after a ground up build. I am curious what the specifics of the wheels on your car are. If you wouldn't mind sharing the information and what if any modifications you had to do to make them fit.

I really would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance
18x9 with 5.25 offset rears 275/45/18 tires. Has to narrow the rear 2" and do offset spring hangers. Had to do custom offset wheels(pricey). Tight fit. Front are 215/50/17, 4" offset.

-
Back