[FOR SALE] 1964 Valiant V200 Sedan one family owner stalled restoration/resto mod project

-

robertob

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to sadly part with my 1964 Valiant V200 sedan that's been stored for 10 years. Too much travel and work has gotten in the way and it's become very difficult for me to finish it.

Located in Queens, NYC.

This car was purchased new in San Diego, CA by my great grandfather. Originally white, 225 slant and 904 auto. No other options. My grandmother inherited it when he died and painted it red in the 1970s. When she died it became mine, and I drove it in Southern California with some minor updates until the motor wore out. At that time (2014) I pulled it down to a bare shell and had it stripped to bare metal, some minor welding done (right floorboard, some trunk spots and cowl) and repainted with Glasurit single stage paint in an orange-red shade very close to the original. The top is white.
At the same time I rebuilt the motor with all the goodies, reinstalled it and got the car running but not finished before I had to put it in storage and moved across the country for work. It's been in basically that state ever since. Right now it needs the interior finished, and it needs an intake system, plumbing, lights and wiring, etc. It drove to where it is but I removed the webers that I could never get running. I've been collecting the parts for an EFI conversion and they can go with them for the right price. There are $15k worth of parts here. Detailed specs below.

Engine/Trans:
Ported 1968 head (drool tube)
Oversized valves
verified 10:1 compression
Custom cam grind from Delta (specs included)
Roller timing chain
new rockers, lightweight pushrods
offy valve cover
Forged pistons/rods (balanced - .040 over)
10/10 forged crank
Clifford headers
blueprinted stock oil pump
oil baffle
Crank trigger wheel (36-1)
Gill welding EFI intake (for the right price) with OEM 440cc Bosch injectors, harness, mustang 5.0 TB, all sensors and COP ignition coils (Porsche). Includes Speeduino ECU. The harness is set up for 3 channel semi-sequential.
Delco alternator brackets/alternator
Aluminum radiator
904 cable shift auto, rebuilt years back with V8 clutches. Stock pot joint driveshaft.
2.5" exhaust mild steel.

Chassis:
Borgeson Saginaw Steering box and Saginaw pump
Stock steering shaft with bearing at the bottom and needle u-joint
1.0 torsion bars
large front sway bar
Edelbrock shocks
11.75 front discs, aluminum master. Prop valve.
(stock 7.25 rear)
14" steelies with ancient tires

Interior
Older red cloth bench seats. Newer carpet kit. Rough door panels. Needs assembly or re-done. Headliner, dash cover in a box.
New rear package tray, kick panels, etc.
3-point seat belt mounting
Nardi wood steering wheel, otherwise stock.

Body
Fresh paint (10 years ago!) 2-tone with white top. Dirty from storage. Tiny bit of welding in trunk and passenger floor. Has been in storage since body work. All lights are in the trunk. Reassembled with stainless bolts, new door handles, new window seals, new door seals, door window whiskers, etc. etc. All rubber is new from front to rear. Fender liners were powder coated black, along with all brackets. Bumpers are straight-ish but could use a rechrome. Includes all emblems.

Original California black plates, original California registration. Has never been registered outside of the state (or by anyone other than my family). Original owners manual, piles of receipts, most stock parts, and boxes of extras.

This car just needs someone with more time and enthusiasm than I have at the moment to finish the interior, plumb the fuel system and install the lights plus all the little things that take forever. Pictures are from when it was first painted. I can get more pics but it's in storage and not easy to access.

Would love $5k plus the EFI parts that I just spent $1000 on. Could really use my storage back and want to see this back on the road.

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_9026.jpeg

-
Back