Status
Not open for further replies.

pgaylord

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,

I posted this car for sale about a year ago... then took the car off the market for a bit, was hoping to keep it after all, but now we have twin girls on the way and it REALLY needs to go.

The original post is here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=12081

I've lowered my price to $6500, which hurts like heck, but babies need some news pairs of shoes, as the saying (sort of) goes.

Here's some updates:
  • The 340 is still as strong as a bull and as docile as a kitten (not original of course).
  • Assume it isn't a Formula S despite the early discs and sway bar.
  • The new in-box carpet isn't included at the above price, nor are the spare door panels.
  • I checked my records, and there's actually about 5 thousand miles on the engine, and about 2 thousand on the trans.
  • To be clear, the paint is faded. Looks decent from a distance, and there is no rust other than tiny bubble on the trunk, but assume it should get re-sprayed.

There's a ton of pics, details, and even a video at the following website that I set up:

http://www.schlap.com/cars/cuda.php

Here's a taste of a couple of pics to get your interest:

cuda-10.jpg

cuda-9.jpg

cuda-7.jpg

Contact me via e-mail at pagaylord at yahoo dot com if interested.

Regards,

Pete

It's a really nice car and I think it's priced really well, someone should buy it! I would say it's a "Commando car" meaning it came from the factory with a 273-barrel commando motor, which would have included a rear resonator (I can see the original cutout at the back and a homemade cutout on the other side). Someone might have added the front discs later or ordered them, and the sway bar too, if it's a stock style one.

I guess there's no fender tag eh? You can get a copy of the broadcast sheet information in the form of a photocopy of the IBM build card from Chrysler Historical which would confirm what it came with.

Good luck Peter with the kids and hope you come back to a Barracuda one day.

I guess there's no fender tag eh? You can get a copy of the broadcast sheet information in the form of a photocopy of the IBM build card from Chrysler Historical which would confirm what it came with.

Just got copies of the IBM card from Chrysler for my 65 Dart convert and 65 Barracuda. They decoded the card for the Barracuda but said on the cover sheet for the Dart info was N/A.

Is this really SBP on an 8.75? Didn't know they came that way...

Yes, they came that way. Apparently they are rare on a '65, only available near the end of the year or something. Someone might have added it later. I have one to add to my '65 soon.

Yes, they came that way. Apparently they are rare on a '65, only available near the end of the year or something. Someone might have added it later. I have one to add to my '65 soon.

Thanks - learned something new.

Looks like a real nice car...

I believe that the 8.75 came from a later a-body that still had the small bolt pattern. The tough part is finding the Cragars for that bolt pattern. They still make them, but they aren't in the catalog - I can dig up the part numbers if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the kind words folks, I really thought this car would get snapped up quickly at this price considering the condition of it and all the great goodies in it... but it is still available.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, I wish I were not $bigbucks into my project (1965 Barracuda) or I'd start running from Alabama (Forrest Gump style) and drive this one home!! dang, whay didn't I see this the first time around before my pockets got empty???? David ps all you a body fans, someone needs to scoop this thing up

Pete,

I know how much you have into this car and it is the real deal. I wish I had the money to pick it up but the other projects are screaming for attention.

Hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back