1965 Barracuda Padded Dash Remove/Repair/Replace?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
My factory dash pad has seen better days. How does one take the old one off anyhow? Then what does one do to make it look like new? Is this considered a rare option? Thank you.

DSC04137.JPG

To get it off is as simple as removing the glove box liner, and some general contortion work. There are 5 palnuts holding it on. You will find that the 2 outer ones on each side are easy enough to reach, the center one is a bear. Your best bet for that one is a long flexible extension. As for recovering it? I would contact Just Dashes, as they are not being reproduced, they may be able to help you.

Here's the back of the dashpad for your viewing pleasure! I think the palnuts have a 3/8" head.

IMG_4199.JPG

Check with your local upholstery shop.

Boss Custom Interiors

OK, I removed the entire dash and the five "palnuts". The padded portion still will not budge. Do you think it may also be glued on?

OK, I removed the entire dash and the five "palnuts". The padded portion still will not budge. Do you think it may also be glued on?
I had to pry mine off since it had been on there for so long. once I got it to move it was easier to get it off. Mine looked as bad as yours and I wanted a padded look , I used the jo-ann fabric headliner mater(cloth covered foam) and some marine grade vinyl to recover mine.
DSCF4111.jpg
DSCF3590.JPG
DSCF3591.JPG
DSCF3592.JPG
DSCF3593.JPG

Went carefully around the perimeter with a couple of screw drivers until I broke the "seal", then it came right off. Definitely, it was never glued on.

-
Back