1965 MMP's Barracuda Hemi swap! The Ever Changing Build

-
I'd like to know more about it too. My 08 HHR has electric assist power steering. Its really seamless how it works. The tightness and lightness of a manual box, no pump, no lines. Would want to adapt this to a stock 67 column though.

Last edited:
I'd like to know more about it too. My 08 HHR has electric assist power steering. Its really seamless how it works. The tightness and lightness of a manual box, no pump, no lines. Would want to adapt this to a stock 67 column though.
well I found this link and info of a "kit" for sale but its $1500+
Go Electric With Silver Sport Transmissions & EPAS Performance Electric Power Steering Kit
Here is this site to buy it but damn the price is alot :eek:
Mopar - Electric Power Steering - Store

But I also found the wiring harness and the elc steering assists for a few hundred bucks. Anyone of us could build this kit for under $300
This is the route I think I'll be taking..
( I know it's Fleebay) But...
Chevrolet Equinox - Saturn Vue Electronic Power Steering Controller KIT box epas | eBay
And the steering assists can be found for under $160 all day long..

There's a post by berry-Cuba called Electric power steering in the suspension steering and chassis section. I think that may be what you're looking for.

Cley

Made some good progress this weekend. Finished the bones of the Rearend build, have a few small things I would like to do before I'll call it finished. But for the most part is done. It sitting on its wheels holding its own weight. I'm super pumped about that. It's sitting a little taller than I want but it also doesn't have a gas tank or interior in the car, Also the springs haven't held weight in quite a few years so I'm expecting it to sag a bit which will should put me right at the ride height I want...
I also have been looking more into the EPAS kits and that's the direction I will be going next. I already have a kit and donor column with parts picked. Should be a fun build with ample return!

20181102_144352.jpg

20181102_145415.jpg

One of the hardest parts of this damn thing was finding the right tube for the upper shock mounts.
I wanted a thicker tube to carry the weight but also need a tube with the right inside diameter. I couldn't find the right tube to save my life.
I ended up using a 1" seamless 1/4" wall tube and pressing in a 3/4" x .065" stainless tube than cutting to the lengths needed for the upper mount.
This ended up working out to my advantage. Not only do I have the strength and the wall thickness I wanted, but I also have the stainless property of the inner tube which should make the removal of the shock pins easier in the future.
20181102_145701.jpg
20181102_165840.jpg

20181102_165850.jpg

20181102_175513.jpg

20181104_122416.jpg

20181104_122424.jpg
20181104_122441.jpg

20181104_123759.jpg

Last edited:
Come on now, let’s see a side shot so we can see that ride height!

Btw, that shot from the rear looks absolutely killer! You’re doing an awesome job!

That is some pure badd-*** fabrication and hot rod building right there!

Awesome. You should produce those now that you have it down. If you need a gen 2 Cuda I will gladly donate mine

nice job on the jag irs install. are you going to fit 'torque arms' between the lower arms/wishbones and the chassis?
neil.
Yes working on that and a few other things at the moment. I have the stock jag torque arms and using them to help me figure out my set up for building my own. Adapting them to the barracuda shouldn't be too much of an issue. I just need to figure out the mounting to the frame. I was thinking of using the stock style bushings to account for the movement needed? maybe I don't know yet..

Awesome work again! I would love to see the car sometime. Moving to North OC in February.

Nope stock style tank, and yes the diff will be for the most part hidden by the tank. gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

-
Back