1967 Barracuda dash heat controls...

-

425jesse

Reaction score
Ive got a broken plastic piece on my heat controls and i dont know where to find the replacement. I now cant hook the vent control cable to the controls anymonre. Anyone know where to get one, or have an extra i can buy??

JB

I can tell you how to fix yours. Keep in mind that there is likely a problem with the door and something had to break. That plastic stem is the weakest link. Check the cable and door movement for binding.
Drill the center of the plastic disc and tap it to 10-32. Buy a brass 10-32 screw 1.25 inches threads. Screw it in so there is enough above and below the disc. Drop or 2 of super glue both sides cant hurt. Saw the head of the screw and attach both cables.

I can tell you how to fix yours. Keep in mind that there is likely a problem with the door and something had to break. That plastic stem is the weakest link. Check the cable and door movement for binding.
Drill the center of the plastic disc and tap it to 10-32. Buy a brass 10-32 screw 1.25 inches threads. Screw it in so there is enough above and below the disc. Drop or 2 of super glue both sides cant hurt. Saw the head of the screw and attach both cables.
Redfish

Worked perfect, thanks so much!!

JB

-
Back