1967 Barracuda grill and trunk panel help

-

mattydean

Reaction score
Trying to restore the front grill.

First- with front grill can they be polished or do you need to re anodize them. Is there anyone that is re anodizing without spending a fortune.

Second- on the headlight portion is the part around the head light chrome or argent and how do you repair that portion. Can you powder coat in argent?

Third- What size and types of rivets did you use

Forth-The trunk panel how do you secure the Barracuda emblem. I have two panels The better of the two has the emblem loose. Can it be Jb welded or something different

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There's a lot of help here about restoring those grilles. Mullinax did a fine job on his.
Search should find them.
I dont know of a way to reattach that script to the rear finish panel that guarentees it wont fall off. I have very carefully removed the script and put it back in the same place again. I guess it depends on the condition of the parts atatch points you have.
I would tie a tiny single strand of wire around the posts on the backside and cover with common 2 part epoxy before I would use JB Weld. That's just me though. I dont like JB Weld. Others would use it to hold their sandwich together. :)

-
Back