1967 Dart GT 273 4 Barrel

-

cuda dad

Reaction score
I recently purchased this Dart GT with the Charger 273 Engine and 4-Speed. I was actually able to track down the original owner and talk to him last night. Thank goodness for the Certicard! All original drivetrain. I didn't even know they made these until I ran across it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.JPG

That is a beauty! I had one just like it in a copper color, but an auto instead of the stick. It's high on my list of cars I wish I'd never gotten rid of.

What a beauty. Inland shifter and console tach.! Check the tape player. I didn't see it on the window sticker. Aftermarket or dealer installed?

Awesome car! I just bought my Dart last weekend and it is originally a 67 GT 273 auto but the previous owner also had a 67 GT 273 4spd car there as well. Mine has a certicard holder but... empty. What are your plans for the car?

What a beauty. Inland shifter and console tach.! Check the tape player. I didn't see it on the window sticker. Aftermarket or dealer installed?
It came with some dealer installed 8-track paperwork but the unit is a Borg Warner so I would just say aftermarket.

Awesome car! I just bought my Dart last weekend and it is originally a 67 GT 273 auto but the previous owner also had a 67 GT 273 4spd car there as well. Mine has a certicard holder but... empty. What are your plans for the car?
Since it has been sitting out for several years, it needs the floors replaced. It has also been repainted once and a previous owner repainted the engine compartment white. I will work through all of the gremlins, pull the engine and trans, replace the floors, complete repaint to KK1, and redo the interior. According to the previous owner the engine was previously rebuilt and runs great with no issues.

Awesome! My favorite Dart by far. Nice to see all the hard to find trim there and in good shape! I wish I could say the same ha.

Did you have to pay full sticker price!! :lol:

It kills me what these cars sold for back in the day. My wife and I were recently going through old things that belonged to aunts and uncles. In her aunt's recipe book was an old newspaper article from I think 1970 about Jackie Gleason getting married. On the back of the article were the auto classifieds. It was fun to read through it and see all the old 68-70 chevys, fords and mopars that people were selling, and what they were asking!

I realize how much less people made back then, but I still think cars were more affordable back then and typical financing was like 3 years.

Nice car! Can't wait to see how it comes along as you start going through it.

I recently purchased this Dart GT with the Charger 273 Engine and 4-Speed. I was actually able to track down the original owner and talk to him last night. Thank goodness for the Certicard! All original drivetrain. I didn't even know they made these until I ran across it.

View attachment 1715156014

View attachment 1715156015

View attachment 1715156016

View attachment 1715156017

View attachment 1715156018

View attachment 1715156019

View attachment 1715156020
Very nice car. That 8 track definitely reminds me of the one I had in my 67 GTX back in those days. As well as your 273 Hi Performance emblems. I put those on my GTX just to confuse others in Waterloo where I lived then. There were many that just thought my GTX ran awfully well for just having a 273 in it. Those were some fun days. Nice that you were able to get all this together, rather than having to find all those little pieces. Also noted that the tach must have been part of a package.

That is a dang nice car!

I almost bought a non-Formula S 67 273-4 Barracuda a few years ago.

Lots of people don't know that in 67 you could have optioned almost all of the GTS/Form S stuff on a non- GTS/Form S car.

I bought one identical to it in 1987 except it had no console. One of the cars I let get away...

Nice car, it'll look great restored, it looks great as it is.
I would drive it for awhile first as is with the safety items taken care of first, of course!
A friend of mine had one like it last year and sold it.
Other than gold paint and interior, it was virtually the same car with console 4 speed, 273 4 barrel 8 3/4 sure grip etc.
It even had the California black plates like your and in the same condition, although it didn't need floors, they were mint.
Nice to see the broadcast sheet and glad to hear you were able to talk to the original owner.
I bet it was fun when it was new!
Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

Nice.....Saw it on craigslistsf I was tempted in driving down to Santa Cruz to look at it.. But when I tried to find the ad it was gone.
Great find.

@cuda dad , here's your thread back. I cleaned up all the parts hijacks. You guys can open a sale thread or wanted thread if you want to do business.

-
Back