1967 Dart GTS Parts Book Info

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
I was looking in my 67 Parts book today and found this.
I think it's very interesting based on what we think we know about 67 Big Block Darts.
So as you can see in the following pictures, first one is the Hardtop second is the Convertible.
REF 2 Lists a 383 4 Barrel Emblem.
Below there is a listing for the 273 4 Barrel emblem.
There is no listing for GTS Emblems.
On the convert there is only the 383 4 Barrel Emblem listed.
The Darts pictured on the identification page do not have the 383 emblem pictured.

So what I see is there was some big block thoughts going on early on.
The cars pictured usually are pre-production or Pilot Cars.
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0528.JPG

What is the date the book was printed at the bottom? My early 67 parts book does not have those pages. I would be interested in copies of them if you can scan them!

I will look in the morning.
I was thinking about selling the books, haven't looked at them in 10 years.
I have a 67 and 69.

The 383 four barrel emblem was used on many cars in 1967, including 383 Formula S, Charger, and Coronet. Most big block Plymouths got the Commando V8 emblem. GTS was a late production add while the 383 Formula S was from early production.

Understood. But why is a 383 emblem listed in a parts breakdown for a 67 Dart GT?

Understood. But why is a 383 emblem listed in a parts breakdown for a 67 Dart GT?

I think if you look over to the right, the 1st model column covers Valiant, Barracuda, and Dart, so the emblem could be spec'd for a Barracuda, and they used the same one mid-year on the Dart GTS.

Re: the GTS emblems....the "GTS" had not yet been invented before the printing of your parts book pages. Later updated pages would show the parts.

Last edited:
No, it's on a Dart Pictured page. Not Barracuda, Coronet, etc, etc, etc.

What is the date the book was printed at the bottom? My early 67 parts book does not have those pages. I would be interested in copies of them if you can scan them!

The Picture pages (23-182 184) says Jan 68, supersedes Jan 67. The Part Number pages (23-183 185) says Jan 68, supersedes May 67.

Ok so these are later additions to the parts books and they updated with the 383 emblems. But they omitted the GTS emblems references.

-
Back