1967 Notchback Window Gasket

-

Noah*

Reaction score
The paint will be finished on my 67 Barracuda tomorrow, now I need some window gaskets. I saw Year One has a reproduction for the windshield, but what about the rear glass. What is the difference between the 67 and 68 rear window gaskets? I don't want to put the lockstrip back in anyway. Can someone post a pic of what a 68 gasket looks like, preferably without the chrome trim. Can't you use a 68 gasket and not use the chrome trim without it leaking. Thanks for your help

Does anyone know where to get lockstrip for the windshield?

You will be better off to order 68 gaskets and find the stainless trim for the 67 from a 68 cuda. Im getting rid of the push in type gaskets therefore I won't need the lockstrip... you have to have the special corners to the lockstrip. I cut mine on a 45 degree until I finally got everything to convert it over to a 68. I lucked up and found the stainless trim for $120 from a member on here. The front windshield stainless trim is easier to find than the rear.

I'm considering converting to the 68-69 gasket, but I'm going to try to get away with reusing the existing gasket. Does anyone repop the correct 67 lock strip? Trying to save some $.

Check around for GMC lockstrip it is the same stuff, comes in rolls, just keeps the gasket tight against the glass. I would have gave you my old lockstrip but it went in the trash.

-
Back