1968 383 hp manifolds

-

robs 67plymouth

motown graffiti crusier
Reaction score
will these fit in an a body 440 build? how much would they be worth poss?

mopar 002.jpg

mopar 003.jpg

That's a C-body set and while some people will say otherwise my experience is that the exit on the driver side is right into the steering shaft and makes for a difficult fit. The passenger side is the same as a B-body and will work with removal of the heat riser valve.

I can't find any real good pics, but here's an e-bay ad number for the correct 68-69 B-body driver side manifold.

Here´s a pic of the manifolds I did use in my -67 Fastback 383.
They were really close to the firewall.
Don´t know however if they will work with a 440, how much the block is raised compared to a 383?
A wild guess is that the casting date is the 12 of April -70 on my manifolds.

grenrör 001.JPG

grenrör 002.JPG

Those are the same as the 68-69 manifolds except for the stovepipe provision. They fit the same.

That's a C-body set and while some people will say otherwise my experience is that the exit on the driver side is right into the steering shaft and makes for a difficult fit. The passenger side is the same as a B-body and will work with removal of the heat riser valve.

Jim if he was doing a 383 and the car had manual steering the C barge should work , I moked up on on my dart and it looks like you could get a headpipe to clear . and option might be to have the manifold planed at a slight angle to tip the outlet down and then spot face the bolt holes .

will these fit in an a body 440 build? how much would they be worth poss?
Drivers side is 68-9 C body 383 2 or 4 bbl. Passenger is 67-9 B or C body 383 or 440 HP. Either piece should sell for at least $100.00 seperately, with the C body unit being a little more scarce do to the fact that it is a C body HP item, where as the B-body piece is more common. As for fitting in an A body application, I'd say no on the drivers side and probably no on the passenger side. Good luck, Geof

John, I also mocked up a 68 C-body HP on my old 67 fastback (383/727). I never did get the column in, but it looked very much like the steering shaft would go right through the head pipe and not leave any room. The car had power steering, but it seemed far enough from the gear to not be a problem. A 440 would just raise the outlet a little higher. I've still got the manifold, but I'm not setting a 383 block in my convertible to check for fit.

As for the right side, it will fit with the heat riser valve removed.

John, I also mocked up a 68 C-body HP on my old 67 fastback (383/727). I never did get the column in, but it looked very much like the steering shaft would go right through the head pipe and not leave any room. The car had power steering, but it seemed far enough from the gear to not be a problem. A 440 would just raise the outlet a little higher. I've still got the manifold, but I'm not setting a 383 block in my convertible to check for fit.

As for the right side, it will fit with the heat riser valve removed.

The engine and steering are still in my Dart , no head , I'll try to drop a head on and the manifold this weekend and snap a pic , the head pipe would need a small ding if anything.

One thing is the Stock A body right manifold has a indent cast in it , on a 440 the regular B/C body might get real close to the inner fender without that cast in dent ...

Drivers side is 68-9 C body 383 2 or 4 bbl. Passenger is 67-9 B or C body 383 or 440 HP. Either piece should sell for at least $100.00 seperately, with the C body unit being a little more scarce do to the fact that it is a C body HP item, where as the B-body piece is more common. As for fitting in an A body application, I'd say no on the drivers side and probably no on the passenger side. Good luck, Geof

The C body 383 - 2 bbl used the LOG type manifold , not the one pictured above .

Oh yeah it's close on the right side.

The HP C-body manifold was used, I believe, on two barrel FOUR SPEED setups. Or was that the b-body manifold on an LP four speed setup?

The HP C-body manifold was used, I believe, on two barrel FOUR SPEED setups. Or was that the b-body manifold on an LP four speed setup?

We all agree it is an HP manifold, and according to my book it is correct for 68-69 C body with either 383 2bbl. and 3 speed trans, 383 4 bbl, or 440 HP. 3 speed??? A friend of mine has a 68 Fury 383 4 speed car, but I don't believe I've ever heard of a 3 speed in a C-body, although we are talking Mopar, so of course it's possible. Best way to see if it'll fit is to mock it up, any other way is just a question. I'd bet it won't, but I'd try anyway!!! Good luck, Geof

Yes B body used HP on a standard trans with 2 bbl and according to my 69 parts book revised dated jan 1971 3 speed trans used the HP on the left , does not list 4 speed trans .

the reason I singled out the 383 2bbl was because the person that listed that didn't not single out left only for HP manifold with manual trans on 2bbl , the right side would be a log manifold on that application .

We all agree it is an HP manifold, and according to my book it is correct for 68-69 C body with either 383 2bbl. and 3 speed trans, 383 4 bbl, or 440 HP. 3 speed??? A friend of mine has a 68 Fury 383 4 speed car, but I don't believe I've ever heard of a 3 speed in a C-body, although we are talking Mopar, so of course it's possible. Best way to see if it'll fit is to mock it up, any other way is just a question. I'd bet it won't, but I'd try anyway!!! Good luck, Geof

I've pulled the pedals from a 3 on the tree 318 '69 Fury. It was headed for the crusher, I would have tried to save the car but it was in a stack with three others and pretty far gone already.

I still have those pedals, with the dream of putting a pistol grip in my minitubbed '71 300 someday.

-
Back