[FOR SALE] 1968 BO29 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
As explained in 68 and prior the body numbers match up with the fender tag not the vin. And the fender tag could authenticate it as a factory super stock along with the dash vin. In 69 it was different.

Hello, don't mean to hijak the thread but, I am looking at one of these cars and the vin and the number in the trunk are not to far off of yours, is it possible that these cars came this way and your car has not been rebodied like someone thinks. Thanks Mike

I'd much rather pay $100k for this then $125k for a 383 convertible that is far from original.
Good luck to you! This is the pinnacle a-body IMO and one of the overall greatest mopars of all time.

I have that pic and one from the same weekend about dusk with it leaving the line. Thanks for posting it.
When we replaced the rear panel we didn't know they were different. Gary Jennings ordered both quarters and rear valance. He installed the quarters and we did the valance at a later time when the car was on the rotisserie. He finished the chassis in late may and we started on bodywork first week in June . We completed the car in time to run the 07 US NationLs without testing. So we were on a tight timeline to get it finished.

If I'm not mistaken the numbers in the trunk(Hurst Number) they were sequential and the vin were not according to what Mr Dutton told me. When they were ready for another car they would pull a started body off the.

I am not sure how that worked but I had a few lengthy conversations with Mr Dutton about the car and how it came to be. Of course he was a factory ford racer Pryor to 68 and went back to fords in the 69 season with factory help. He covered so much ground it's hard for me to keep up with it all. But it was great to hear a lot of the inside info into the builds.

Keep in mind this car isn't like the vanke car or the sox and Martin car that has been in storage for years and restored but they come priced accordingly.

Thanks for all comments

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Hey we appreciate a real racer visiting our community. Its' a very cool car and it would be great seeing it keep running the quarter and not sitting in a museum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back