1968 D100 Step Side /6, Auto on the Dash, NEED a 1BBL Carburetor, HELP

-

MeValiant

My Georgia Girl
Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone help me find this elusive carburetor? This is the last thing I need to put her back on the road! SlantSixDan????

I'm going to assume since your truck is a 68, that you need the cable-pull version not the rotating rod version.

I have the cable pull style that came off my 82 D150. It was a working carb but I'd plan on a quick rebuild for it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

And if you want to contact a member, you have to put the @ sign in front of their name, like this: @slantsixdan .

Most or all of the D/W trucks prior to '70 or so used a carb throttle lever configuration different to the passenger car arrangement. What to do depends on how desperate you are, how important originality is, and how many parts aside from the carburetor you're willing to replace with different ones.

if a holley 1bbl from a early 70's car will work, i'm your huckleberry...

I have a Carter BBS on a 64 /6 that ran as recently as a couple of months ago. (Right around Xmas) I have the motor promised, but maybe if the guy who wants the motor doesn't want the carb? I'll find out sometime this weekend when I drop off the motor to him.

-
Back