1968 Dodge Dart GTS convertible

-
Reaction score
Going to look at this car i know it is one of 40 trying to get a value to make an offer if anybody out there can give me a little advise or where to look i would appreciate it.
Thanks

$100 to $70,000.

It’s a bit like saying “I’m buying a house what’s a fair price to pay for it?” Hmmm, location, age of house, size of house, condition of house, etc.....

In other words, a picture or more details would go a long way in folks providing an intelligent response.

There are a ton of variables. You have to be much more specific with clear photos. Is it a survivor, correctly rotisserie restored, basket case? Matching numbers or thrown together from various cars? Correct parts or aftermarket? 4 speed or auto? What options came on the car? Power steering, power brakes, ac? What color exterior and interior it does make a difference? Etc, etc, etc.

IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_4382.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG
IMG_4376.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4378.JPG
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_4384.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
Ok went to look at the car you could say its a barn find bin there for a long time the car is in fair condition it will need to be restored. the orignal carb and manifold might be missing but for the most part the car is all there. the car is an automatic convertable whats a fair offer

What’s the story on the fender tag? Why is it so rusty when the rest of the car isn’t? Seems odd.

What’s the story on the fender tag? Why is it so rusty when the rest of the car isn’t? Seems odd.
yes this is why i posted here looking for existing owners feed back was that plate painted from the factory. i would like to know were the fender # are and the block # is so i can check for a match

If a legit numbers car and restoring back to OEM there are many factors of course. If the body has little to no rot I think $10-15k would get you there considering what it would take to reach an OEM rotisserie build which could be worth $50-70k. It’ll take at least $30-40k to restore it proper. At the end of the day you’ll be into it for $40–50k. If looking to build and sell you are looking at $10-20k profit after about 2-4 years of personal sweat and tears.

If adding to your collection As a dream car then it’s priceless.

If a legit numbers car and restoring back to OEM there are many factors of course. If the body has little to no rot I think $10-15k would get you there considering what it would take to reach an OEM rotisserie build which could be worth $50-70k. It’ll take at least $30-40k to restore it proper. At the end of the day you’ll be into it for $40–50k. If looking to build and sell you are looking at $10-20k profit after about 2-4 years of personal sweat and tears.

If adding to your collection As a dream car then it’s priceless.
thanks for the input do you know where the block and fender # are located

Yes, but it doesn't tie to the VIN...need the build sheet for that. Fender tag can be replaced...VIN tag harder as it's special rivetted.
right, but as long as the drip rail build# and the body tag build# match, you know tag matches the body. unless that part was welded into the car without any sign of it

I would say at $10-15 you are light. Hes closer to the right number than you are.
1 of 40 with original drivetrain and appears to be in great shape and a vert?
Top goes down, price goes up.
Keep us posted.
The way it sits he thinks he can get $ 30,000 as is after my research i am in at $10,000 to $ 15,000

10k-15k for a factory 68 rag top big block Dart ?
Good luck with that.

-
Back