1968 Dodge Dart Question/Help

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just sold my 70 Coronet R/T project that I hated to see go but with health issuies I know I wont get it finished.

I have found a 68 Dodge Dart Convertable and the guy is saying its a GT made into a 340 GTS clone.

What are the codes to tell if its a real GT?

I'm going through my books and racking my brain that just is not helping me make sense of anything.

I think I have found were the 273 was not offered in this year and if memory serves me right 67 was last the last year for that motor.

The motor in it as of right now is a 340. I have not called the guy but would like more info and the codes to make it a legit GT.

Thanks everyone.

Post the fender tag info and someone here can decode it.

I will see about getting it when I call him. The add says 273 origninal motor now a 340 and I don't think in 68 a Dart GT came with that.

What code would it be for a GT model.

I know with my R/T it was WS23U0A with the W meaning Coronet and S meaning special and 23 two door hardtop. The S made it the R/T along with the motor code of U for a 440.

Thank you both that is the info I need it and now I can give the guy a call tomorrow and check on the car.

If its real I'm very interested the car does need some paint but the add says no rust. I will have the car checked out before I buy if I do buy.

Thank you both that is the info I need it and now I can give the guy a call tomorrow and check on the car.

If its real I'm very interested the car does need some paint but the add says no rust. I will have the car checked out before I buy if I do buy.

ALL CONVERTIBLES were at least a GT or GTS and I think 69 Swingers could be had in convertible

273 was used into the 69 model year

ALL CONVERTIBLES were at least a GT or GTS and I think 69 Swingers could be had in convertible

273 was used into the 69 model year

Okay thank you. I'm still sorting out my R/T sale so I'm going to call about this one.

-
Back