-
Status
Not open for further replies.

duster51

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a complete 1969 340 engine for sale it now has the timing cover water pump and valve covers and fuel pump also a Edelbrock aluminum intake vin number is OB185845 asking 1750 obo

340 161.JPG

340 167.JPG

340 163.JPG

340 164.JPG

340 164.JPG

OB185845 is actually 0B 185845 (zero for the 1970 model year, the did not use the letter O) and the number is a new one to me.

Is the water pump that you're sticking on it for a '70 or a '69?

It's CLEARLY a 340 that was cast in 69, and came in a 70 model car of some sort. The heads that are on the motor are "U" heads, and would have come on a 70 340. No X heads that I've ever heard of on a 70 340 anyway. If the seller pulls one off, I bet they have 2.02 valves. It ain't like X heads are some kind of voodoo magic any damn how! :rolleyes: As already stated in post #1 and post #4, the partial VIN is 0B 185845. Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder all agree that it's a 70 model 340! I don't think the OP is purposely trying to mislead anyone. He was just going off of the casting date.

You're exactly right about the heads! I saw the U cast between the spark plugs, but missed the port air injection bosses in the grease...lol. I went downstairs and looked in the stash, and have two 72 340's. One has plain ol J heads, and the other one has large port 360 heads that have the injection bosses cast under the EX ports. No holes drilled...just the bosses. Springs have dampners like a 340 head should. My #'s matching 340 for my 70 Challenger has J heads. Enough yappin I guess?.....Mikes gonna kick our asses....lol.
You know, it's really tough being a moderator and busting *** trying to keep things running smoothly and fair for all. When there is good discussion about a part for sale it's hard to edit it or shut it off. I try to give some latitude but it's tough sometimes. You guys do your thing but don't get mad if I do my thing. Thanks.

all I am trying to do is sell some extra parts I have I said the heads were 360 heads. mopar official thinks he knows everything and wants to start crap

It's CLEARLY a 340 that was cast in 69, and came in a 70 model car of some sort. The heads that are on the motor are "U" heads, and would have come on a 70 340. No X heads that I've ever heard of on a 70 340 anyway. If the seller pulls one off, I bet they have 2.02 valves. It ain't like X heads are some kind of voodoo magic any damn how! :rolleyes: As already stated in post #1 and post #4, the partial VIN is 0B 185845. Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder all agree that it's a 70 model 340! I don't think the OP is purposely trying to mislead anyone. He was just going off of the casting date.
You're absolutely correct and so are the three blind folks that you mentioned. I had tunnel vision when I saw the title and the vin forgetting that it was for a 70 model year. My apologies to the op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back