1969 Barracuda 383 Cold Case Radiator

-
With a rough total of 8,000 383 Darts and Barracuda's built for years 1967 thru 1969 I would have to guess that some would say that they're rare.

I do not count that as rare, until you can factor in those that are left.

I do not count that as rare, until you can factor in those that are left.
I understood that from your initial post and that's your perogative to have that opinion and I'm sure that if you ever decided to sell it you would include the fact that it was 1 of so many 383's built in '69 to show it's rarity.

I understood that from your initial post and that's your perogative to have that opinion and I'm sure that if you ever decided to sell it you would include the fact that it was 1 of so many 383's built in '69 to show it's rarity.

Well sure!
I Won’t argue that at all!

Dart’s excluded.

But when broken down by year, body style and trans! A different story emerges. Lots were made!

69 also included ‘Cuda that was categorized differently!

Needless to say lots of 383 fish and darts were produced in varying styles for the 3 years!

I can pretty confidently say 1 of 272 69 fish FB auto formula S cars! That does not give the whole picture for 69 alone though!

Last edited:
24" across the top two bolts side to side. By line of site looking down from the top.
Thanks, Yup that's the same number I got 24inches across from hole to hole, on the car the radiator hole to hole is 25 split the difference it's a 1/2 off.

Thanks, Yup that's the same number I got 24inches across from hole to hole, on the car the radiator hole to hole is 25 split the difference it's a 1/2 off.

Thats depressing, but sure Glenray will fix it right.

They have to as the unit looks awesome!

The tank is not the issue IMO and not sure why it is a 1/2 off but hope you can get it resolved!

Last edited:
I might even do some constructive massaging on the mounts to both sides to make it work. JMO.

That unit looks very nice! And if cools as well as my 033, then it is a keeper!

Last edited:
Well sure!
I Won’t argue that at all!

But when broken down by year, body style and trans! A different story emerges. Lots were made!

69 also included ‘Cuda that was categorized differently!

Needless to say lots of 383 fish were produced in varying styles for the 3 years!

I can pretty confidently say 1 of 272 69 fish FB auto formula S cars! That does not give the whole picture for 69 alone though!

Not rare to you, rare to me.

I had the same problem. What I did was install a remote oil filter adapter. I mounted it under the battery. Way cheaper that having the new radiator fixed.

-
Back