1969 Dart 340 4_Speed Pedal Issues

-

gavman340

Reaction score
Hello FABO - so it was brought to my attention the other day that my brake lights are not working. So under the dash I went and immediately saw that the switch was lodged against the bracket at an angle no where close to the pedal arm. So I removed the steering column mounting bracket and some other stuff so I could get at the brake light switch bracket. I immediately noticed that my pedal assembly was broken (pedals have been at a squirrely location since I got the car last summer). I also noticed that the cover for the location where the brake rod penetrates the firewall and goes to the master cylinder is missing and any slight unloading of the pedal results in brake fluid pouring into the cab. So, it looks like the pedal assembly may have been previously repaired by a weak welding job and broke again. I am thinking that replacing the pedal assembly may be a good idea at this point. I have included some pics of the broken weld.

If anyone is looking to unload a 4-speed pedal assembly (lol) I would like to get a set!

The up-side if there is one, is that as soon as I located the brake light switch wires and plugged them in, the brake lights were fine. The bracket may, however, be tweaked... it's hard to tell. It does not look like it will mount parallel to the pedal arm in its current state. I have included pics... can any one tell me if it is tweaked and needs to be replaced?

4-speed_pedal_prob.jpg

20170402_113431.jpg

20170402_113449.jpg

20170402_111355[2].jpg

Could you post a pic taken straight up at the brake pedal arm where the brake rod attaches

I can't really see anything obviously wrong with your brake pedal. I can't make out where the weld repair is. The brake light switch plunger should ride on the brake rod eye where the bolt connects it the the pedal arm. The bracket bolts the the pedal assembly frame.

IMG_0060.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back