1969 Dodge Dart Gauge Bezel Lens Replacement

-

4spd340Swinger

Reaction score
Needing some advise here. I bought a new replacement bezel from PG Classics(316-D67 Mopar 1967-69 Dodge Dart Gauge Bezel) for my car. The item looks very nice but it does not include the lens. I did not buy one ($136) as my original looks good. My question is, how do I remove it from my old one and attach it to the new one? I have also looked at the one they sell (316-D67LEN Mopar 1967-69 Dodge Dart Gauge Lens) and it does not seem obvious. Do you some how "weld" them with a soldering iron or something? Hot glue?? Thanks for the help!!!

Dash 3.jpg

Dash 1.jpg

Yes they are "staked" with an hot Iron. Think of it as a melted plastic rivet. Soldering Iron would work to stake it on the new one. To remove the old one you'd need to drill and/or cut the old melted stakes off and hope they didn't bond with the lens material

The spare dash I have has a few broken stakes so they don't seem to bond, just mechanically retain.

I use a solder gun to carefully melt and detach. To reattach- remelt. If not enough material, then add some scrap plastic or use a dab of epoxy.

just finish changing mine use a dremiel tool to remave reglued worked fine

Just took mine apart tonight. Some dumbass went around the left edge with superglue. I have no idea why. I did manage to get everything apart without cracking it, but dang.

-
Back