1970 Dart Rear Glass Install question

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
So @Oldmanmopar left a nice brief tutorial on how to install the front glass on my Dart, but I cannot find one regarding the back glass, is it basically the same as the front? I came across a youtube vid where the guy said he installed the rear glass in about 7 minutes using the rope in method, but of course he never showed himself doing it. :mad:

If I remember correctly I put the rubber on the glass and the ran some twine around the outside channel of the rubber, leave extra twine exposed to pull on, set the glass in rubber on the outside of the car and pulled the twine from inside the car to install.

I just installed a new package tray, should it be removed before glass install, or can it be left in? I know the pics show it removed, but the car is in the process of being built.
Thanks guys :)

I just installed a new package tray, should it be removed before glass install, or can it be left in? I know the pics show it removed, but the car is in the process of being built.
Thanks guys :)
I'd keep it out of harm's way.

So @Oldmanmopar left a nice brief tutorial on how to install the front glass on my Dart, but I cannot find one regarding the back glass, is it basically the same as the front? I came across a youtube vid where the guy said he installed the rear glass in about 7 minutes using the rope in method, but of course he never showed himself doing it. :mad:
Yup, rope it in.

I used nylon sticks to help get the glass in. They have a tapered end. I have no idea where I got them from.

-
Back