1970 Dart Swinger - Bucket list build

-

70Roadkill

Reaction score
A couple years ago I built a nice 65 Mustang mostly back to stock. I enjoy what we call the ice cream car. Fun to cruise around in and relax on a sunny day.

But I have the hankering to do drag week, hot rod power tour, maybe an NMCA event, hit a few drag strips for fun.

So I picked up this pretty rust free 70 Dart Swinger for $2300 with a lot of extra parts. Only rust was driver front floor board a few pinholes. The right rear quarter, and a few pinholes in the trunk. Rear rails last 2-3" need some attention other than that solid. 318 car soon to be a 360. Has an 8 3/4 open diff but at least the good axle. Entire interior. Missing a few minor things like the headlight bezels, and emblems. Swap meet here we come.

Time to scrape off all the undercoating. Have about 1/3 of it off the back of the car and it's solid. So here we go.

Plans are 360, 450ish horse, probably fitech or Holley sniper set up. Run 11s and drive on street all day, 6 point cage. Have fun.

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

I need the a/c parts if your not going to use them.

Welcome to FABO. Looks like a smokin' deal for what you paid. Congrats on joining the A-body crowd.

Love the 70 body style. Keeping that hood on it? Looks killer.
They cut a crappy hole in the hood and it's held on with 4 bolts. Would need to bond it on and then a little fiberglass and filler to make it look nice. But it's growing on me. So we'll see that I do.

Tore into it for a few hours today. Yanked the front fenders and the splash shields and no surprises. All looked good. Just need to clean all the undercoating. Have about half of the undercoating underneath cleaned off. Did find one small area will need extra attention. Left rear rail last couple inches need to be replaced. And the rear panel need to remove clean it up and section in a new piece. But otherwise looking good.

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

Making some slow progress. Now that my sons college baseball season is over can get back to the car more often. Working on getting the trunk area shored up and ready to mini tub about 2". A few pics of the progress.

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

Scored some goodies from a guy selling off his stuff. I was picking over what was left and he hooked me up pretty good.73 duster disc brake set up with new rotors and sway bar set up, 489 case, 3.73 gears, with sure grip, good distributor, new shocks, 2 oil pans, all kinds of goodies.

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back