1970 Factory Rally tach

-
I'm pretty sure , when I had one, The needle swung ClockWise from bottom left ,up over the top, and down to bottom right. so zero wouldda been at 8 o'clock

Mine was too slow, mounted too low, and too hard to change focus on from the road; so I bought an after-market tach, mounted it on a sliding bracket atop the dash, and swapped a vacuum gauge into the tach-hole.

What is the factory tach "zero" position for 1970 Rally dash...... 5 oclock or 8 oclock

Here you go.

20-1540215056605.jpg

Whoa, I guess my memory ain't what it used to be...... :(

Not to worry AJ/FormS,

Judging by your posts over the years, most of us would like to know half of what you've forgotten !
Always find your posts very informative! :):)

So some interesting observations here. I note that we 3 have the country covered coast to coast!
AA I assume stock with woodgrain insert? I also see that at 1200 rpm you have zero oil P, is this a case of bad IPVR, if so I have the fix. Also I see on the '68 dash the 5 oclock position of the tach so out of curiosity, which years used the 8 oclock position tachs ? Further the '68 has only a 120 mph speedo, didn't even knew that existed? thought all rally dashes were 150 mph. Does the 68 also have knee padding on the bottom? Is that GT(S) stuff?

Thx for the advice. I am going for the 5 oclock position replacement (8K RPM) I like it better than the other one anyway! I know the tach's are not very useful but you gotta have a tach in the hole and it might as well work. When you need one I use a shift lite that I conceal when not in use, set at 6k close enough for a small block!!!!
DDDart

68 Barracuda is the only 2nd gen Barracuda with knee padding,
I had several dashs with frames and actually installed a 70 Duster into my 68 Barracuda. But I took the 150 speedo out and swapped in a 120 for better resolution , cuz there was a time that the cops had nothing better to do but nab speeders.
Then the immigrants came
and the drug dealers
Then liquor marts appeared
and the domestic abuse started
But by gosh they have City status now...
And the building boom hit.
And you can't find a cop if your life depended on it.
I haven't even seen a patrol car in years. So IDK; the City status sure doesn't seem to me to have been worth it...

Last edited:
-
Back