-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tattarat

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I just got this car and was hoping to run it through the summer to the local cruise-ins on weekends as-is and just have it in line for a complete restoration later on... but after I got it running and driving, I have found a few things that are going to require more work than I care to do at this time. I have 2 others ahead of it. Here is the fender apron tag info:

1st row:
E55= 340 4BBL 275HP
D21= 4-speed manual trans
LM23= Dart Swinger 340 Hardtop
H= 340 4BBL
0= 1970 model year
R= Assy plant: Windsor Ontario, Canada
Last six digits= Assy line sequence number (last 6 of the VIN)

2nd row:
EF8= Ivy Green Metallic lower body color
D2X9= Deluxe vinyl black bench interior
TX9= Black upper door frame paint
226= Scheduled production date of Feb 26th
Last six digits= Vehicle order number

3rd row:
EF8= Ivy Green Metallic roof body color (basically a non-vinyl top car)
M43= Grille trim moldings
N41= Dual exhaust
N42= Bright exhaust tips (chrome)
N85= Tachometer

4th row:
R11= 2watt Music master AM radio
V8X= Black transverse sport stripe
Y05= Built to specs for USA order
END= End of build codes

I have located the build sheet in excellent condition. I have not tried to remove it, nor will I... I do not know if the engine is numbers matching. It has long tube headers so I cannot see up in there to verify. Headers and exhaust are shot. Engine starts and runs. Sounds strong and hits a lick. The oil leak I found is due to the dip stick tube being broken off ( can see in pictures at link below ). Disc brakes feel great. Clutch feels good. Shifts great ( new shift rods and levers ). Holley is leaking. Fixed one leak and now have another. Currently running off of a lawn mower tank. Has fuel cell in back but not an original fuel tank. Filler neck w/ vents are all there and in good condition. Everything needed is available new. What I do know it needs: Probably headlight switch, definitely a turn signal switch. Headlights work, but no parking lights or turn signals. No front marker lights. Has one taillight and both rear side markers working but no brake lights. Tach is not working but I saw the wires in the engine bay and they look good but are unhooked. No dash lights. Didn't check wipers ( no knob ). Forgot to check speed o when I drove it ( too excited about how it drove ). There are over 70 pictures and a video of me pulling it out of the garage. Ebrake works. Can be driven onto a trailer easily. I would prefer someone that can come get it because I would not want to deal with a transport Co. with the condition of the car. Sometimes it starts right up, other times needs a prime ( holley leaks down ). I have only run it on ethanol free fuel. I will try to answer any questions I can as honestly as possible.

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/tattarat/library/Dart?sort=3&page=1

Car is located just outside of Nashville TN ( Gallatin TN ). Asking $8500.00 and pretty firm on that price. This is the real deal.

Tony

Attachments

• DSC04131.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 979
  • DSC04130.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 988
Forgot to mention mileage shows 81K and is probably correct / original mileage. Car has been in a garage, then a barn since early 80's. I don't have the title in my name yet but will try to take care of that next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back