1970 Swinger Grill Hardware layout

-

jfive

Reaction score
need someone to tell me where to find a diagram of the location of the hardware used in the grill on a 1970 Dart Swinger. i got the hardware kit from CI and they of course do not come with anything that tells you where things go. the kit is part number MN3073, i am planning on just removing what's there and trying to match up the best i can, but the reason i purchased the hardware is that right now i have drywall and deck screws holding thing on. (and very few of those), i could only find one thing in the manual with the front, but it doesn't seem to have all the fasteners.

kit i purchased
1725541282368.png

manual reference
1725541343023.png

i dont see the longer/short screws for instance.

thanks,
J5

I got a very similar looking kit with the 70-style repop grille that I put on my 72 Swinger. It also didn't come with a diagram but I do remember that the installation went very smoothly and that it was pretty obvious where all the screws went. If I remember correctly, that longer screw went in the upper outsides of the headlight surround.

Sorry -- Not a ton of help I know, but just start installing it and it will all be clear which hardware goes where.

I got a very similar looking kit with the 70-style repop grille that I put on my 72 Swinger. It also didn't come with a diagram but I do remember that the installation went very smoothly and that it was pretty obvious where all the screws went. If I remember correctly, that longer screw went in the upper outsides of the headlight surround.

Sorry -- Not a ton of help I know, but just start installing it and it will all be clear which hardware goes where.
that's what i was planning on, just thought someone here may have had something to go off of. i figured it might be pretty straight forward, but i am removing deck screws, so.........

Why do previous owners always use the wrong screws????!!!!!

1725566266718.png

-
Back