1970 up valve cover breathers, 1 nipple, 2 nipples, 3 nipples.

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
I put this image together a while back because some sellers were trying to to mislead potential buyers with the wrong information on sites like Ebay & others.

These are the facts for 1970 cars & the only cars that ever used a 2 nipple breather originally are the 1970 /6 cars with N95;

1970 valve cover breather applications copyrighted final revision for internet use.jpg

You were the one that had to put your "commentary" in my for sale ad.
And you don't even have any interest in purchasing the part from me, from the get go.

You want to know my past qualifications?
I my past life as a professional, wrenching, auto mechanic, i was a certified California smog technician for quite a number of years.
I have seen 2 port valve cover breathers on numerous 6 cylinder, 8 cylinder, engines, 2 bbl, 4bbl. during my career,
either Carter, or Holley equipped.

Your picture description is meaningless, without knowing where the vehicle was destined to be sold, in the USA.
There were different regulations for Federal, California, areas in the USA that were considered to be "high altitude" for emissions standards during that time period.

So until you know what the Chrysler engineers did during the early emissions years, back in the day, don't go by what some Chrysler car enthusiast goes by.

I already have three, but I know what they are truly for. ;-)

Some sellers with errors in their listings like to hear the truth, one recent example on this site was the guy selling a cone type suregrip that was actually the much better clutch type.

If one of my 2-nipple breathers was for sale, I would list it by the original application only so any potential buyer was not mislead.

But hey, every seller is different.

6 nipples.JPG

And what don't you like in my ad then?
I listed it as a breather used on engines that were to be delivered throughout the USA, when new.
What's wrong with that?
It's an accurate description.
What makes you the policeman in the parts for sale section anyway?
I'm not "misleading" anyone.
The description is accurate.

If you say so. ;-)

But, you did mention a visit to a 1970 /6 car at a yard in CA recently too, so ?

2 nipple car.JPG

And then, you mention the breather you found on it, so you knew it came from a 1970 /6 car, right?

2 nipple part II.JPG

Well, if you really want to get into a pissing contest here, what difference does it make what vehicle i found the breather on.
The breather was used on other engines, applications, in the 70, 71 years.
My ad description states, numerous engines, and areas of the USA.

Then what are YOUR qualifications.
You ever been a licensed mechanic in your lifetime? Doing smog inspections, and repairs on vehicles?

Your dancing around my question, and not answering it?
Your so called "knowledge" in all the applications for valve cover breathers.
Where does it come from?
You going by some book that was written by some enthusiast that never was an auto mechanic in their lives.
Those authors, editors don't know what they're writing about in the first place, lots of times, anyway.

I have sold numerous 2 port, 3 port, breathers here on this forum, in the past, and this is the first time that you had to stick your nose into one of my ads, so what gives about that?
I'd like to know, what pissed you off.

Last edited:
I do not use that word myself, but I am not mad.

I was simply trying to educate sellers & buyers alike.

This has come up WAY before today, over & over again, going back years on many sites.

So please do not take it personal.

The 2-nipple breathers are actually the hardest to find.

Think about it.......

How many /6 N95 cars were made overall compared to ones made for the other 49 states, Canada & overseas combined?

Ok, that reply of yours i pretty much can understand, but your not willing to agree that 2 nipple breathers were used on lots more engines, cars, that you not willing to admit to.
Again, personally have seen lots of vehicles, engines, with them for smog inspection, and naturally in the past on vehicles in the wrecking yards.
That's where i get them anyway.
It's not like the 1980's when they were plentiful to find, and now a days finding 40-50 year old cars in the Pick-n-Pull's are a rarity.

From the factory, I know the applications.

What was changed after that would be specific to each cars own history.

But originally for 1970 model year cars, 2-nipple with any /6 with N95 only.

-
Back