1971 340 engine block, VIN #

-
Reaction score
Vin#2B141691... I have a 340 engine block and crank etc... for a 1971 mopar. The cast date is 7-1-70 and the VIN on the block is 2B141691. I am posting this for anyone that might have this car. I believe the engine should be with the car. Crank is for a 4 speed car. Engine is pretty rough but would be good for someone looking for the right engine for their car or date correct. Block will probably need some sleeves to save the block. (Does anyone know if the "B" in the number indicates that it is for a 71 cuda or is it indicating it is a hamtramck plant engine?)
Answer this thread

Vin#2B141691... I have a 340 engine block and crank etc... for a 1971 mopar. The cast date is 7-1-70 and the VIN on the block is 2B141691. I am posting this for anyone that might have this car. I believe the engine should be with the car. Crank is for a 4 speed car. Engine is pretty rough but would be good for someone looking for the right engine for their car or date correct. Block will probably need some sleeves to save the block. (Does anyone know if the "B" in the number indicates that it is for a 71 cuda or is it indicating it is a hamtramck plant engine?)
Answer this thread

The partial VIN you posted here "2B141691" shows it's for a 1972 (first digit 2) model vehicle for a vehicle produced at the Hamtramck,Mi plant "B". Seems strange why the cast date is 7-1-70 for a 1972 model block until someone else can shed more light here.

-
Back