Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
This is an original date coded cast iron Thermoquad type intake manifold built specifically for the 1971 340 LA series engine. It comes as seen with no thermostat housing or choke.
$125 plus shipping.
PayPal preferred.
Part will ship from Granite Bay, CA

340 intake 1.JPG
340 intake 2.JPG
340 intake 3.JPG
340 intake 4.JPG

Last edited:
**** that. This is the the good year for the Thermoquad carb. You have it priced just right. Hold onto it until the right person comes along. Absolutely no reason to give it away.

Hopefully gonna take it off your hands for you. lol I have one I found it in the trunk of my 72 barracuda when I bought it I have hung on to it for all these years iv had it on probably 3 or 4 different engines thru the years I almost let it go a while back I'm glad I hung on to it.

Shipping to Virginia through the USPS is $111. Yeah....It is big and the box weighs 50 lbs.

Shipping to Virginia through the USPS is $111. Yeah....It is big and the box weighs 50 lbs.

Use this link and go halfway down the page and find the 11 7/8" x 3 1/4" x 24 1/16" flat rate box... I've shipped many small block intakes in them - just make sure to pack them real tight with newspaper for protection... You can order them from this link for free if you can't find any at your local outlets...

Flat Rate | USPS.com

Flat Rate Intake Box B.jpg

Last edited:
Use this link and go halfway down the page and find the 11 7/8" x 3 1/4" x 24 1/16" flat rate box... I've shipped many small block intakes in them - just to make sure to pack them real tight with newspaper for protection... You can order them from this link for free if you can't find any at your local outlets...

Flat Rate | USPS.com

View attachment 1715576628
@Kern Dog see if you can do this and I will take it

Use this link and go halfway down the page and find the 11 7/8" x 3 1/4" x 24 1/16" flat rate box... I've shipped many small block intakes in them - just make sure to pack them real tight with newspaper for protection... You can order them from this link for free if you can't find any at your local outlets...

Flat Rate | USPS.com

View attachment 1715576628

@Kern Dog see if you can do this and I will take it

This is an original date coded cast iron Thermoquad type intake manifold built specifically for the 1971 340 LA series engine. It comes as seen with no thermostat housing or choke.
$125 plus shipping.
PayPal preferred.
Part will ship from Granite Bay, CA

View attachment 1715574511 View attachment 1715574512 View attachment 1715574513 View attachment 1715574514

PS - remove the carb studs before shipping so they don't poke through the box.... :mad: :BangHead:

Throw the studs in a zip lock bag and tape them to the intake for shipping...

Thanks. It won't fit. A single plane 273 4 barrel intake barely fit and this is taller by at least 2 1/2 inches.

They do fit in that box, it bulges. Sent over a dozen intakes through USPS using that exact box. LD340, ld4b 70 intakes, 72 intakes all of them...

If it fit, it ships!!! LOL

That's a good price in my opinion.

Also, for comparison, I paid $40 in 1975 for a nice, used OEM 1970 Dodge Dart 340 intake manifold. That $40 in 1975 is equivalent to approximately $192 in 2020.
I think it's more like $827.00 lol

$125 is more than fair. That is one of the best small block intakes, and probably the best factory single 4 intake, plus no smog garbage. USPS stinks for heavy parts. Check out UPS and Fed EX for heavier stuff. They have special programs that the intake might fall into.

I've shipped this very same style intake in the game box too. They do fit. It bulges, but they fit. It's a damn good intake at a good price. If it's all the way in the box, bulging or not, they have to ship it.

I have one of these, I used an adapter to put a square bore Holley on it because the Thermoquad leaked...;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back